Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... safe and warm.
That was one heck of a winter storm.

[voices.washingtonpost.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Ok here in Northern NJ. After more than a foot of snow fell overnight, I dumbly went out at 7am to see how bad the roads really were. Not THAT bad, but decided it better to just stop off at Mickey D's for breakfast and head back to work from home instead. Lol. Don't think the Boxster would've fared so well in this weather, as I had to drive through some areas where the roads weren't plowed, but it would've been fun to try. Man, I hate snow!

Current: 07 Carrera S Cab - Midnight Blue/Sand Beige
Previous: 01 Boxster - (formerly boxtaboy), 86 944, Instagram: @Carreralicious
boxtaboy
Ok here in Northern NJ. After more than a foot of snow fell overnight, I dumbly went out at 7am to see how bad the roads really were. Not THAT bad, but decided it better to just stop off at Mickey D's for breakfast and head back to work from home instead. Lol. Don't think the Boxster would've fared so well in this weather, as I had to drive through some areas where the roads weren't plowed, but it would've been fun to try. Man, I hate snow!
]

Have to totally aggree with you about s**w. eye rolling smiley

Good to see that the s**w isn't too bad your way. Biggest problem with road conditions like that is that too many drivers don't adjust their driving to the road conditions. That why so many accidents happen in these conditions.

Stay safe and warm.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Yep, and some people don't realize that just cause you can move forward with traction doesn't mean you can stop as well! Had someone almost tailgating me today. Unbelievable. Hope you didn't get hit hard up there Guenter!
Actually, we've had no snow in the last week. They were calling for a dusting today (about an inch) but nothing so far. The BIG snow dump two weeks ago was 60 miles west of here where they had 4.5 feet of snow in a couple of days.

Maybe we'll be in the banana belt this year. cool smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
boxtaboy thank god you got a truckhot smiley *NM*
Clif R - Monday, 27 December, 2010, at 3:02:41 pm
Haha. Thanks Clif! Stay safe! *NM*
CarreraLicious - Monday, 27 December, 2010, at 6:39:29 pm
We got about 16" in Killington, Vermont... great for skiing!
I have a fairly long driveway, about 100 feet long. That, combined with my sidewalk and front walk and my next door neighbor's sidewalk, now has me referring to the stuff as s**w! (Thanks, Guenter) hot smiley

Had a few drifts along the driveway that were about 5 feet tall, and the wind gusts were WICKED!

On the plus side, I got to play with one of my toys and the plume of s**w were shooting about 40 feet in the air! Wahoooo!

Anyway, originally being from a foreign country where the weather is always nice and s**w is only something you see in photographs, with people frolicking in the stuff, I will never get used to it.

It just plain s**ks!

Thanks for thinking of us, Pedro!

Regards, Maurice.
My favorite with that s**w blower toy
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 28 December, 2010, at 8:03:46 am
was as I turned near the house and blew a line of snow against the house and created this odd line of packed snow high up on the house's wall.

I'm in charge of the roads in our home owner's association neighborhood and yesterday I put together a Poulan pole chain saw and went around loping off all the branches that were hanging down over the roads. I had bought it a few months ago and had everything ready but was gonna wait till the warm weather. But decided I had nothing else to do and could eliminate those branches for the next time it snows. I'm one sore puppy today, holding one of those up in the air isn't easy. But for the task, highly recommended and only $150 on sale.

I have a tee time on Friday...58 and even warmer on the weekend. I knew there was a reason I moved south.
Wish I had the room for it in my garage, but with the two cars taking up all the room it just won't fit!

I started to clear my driveway the old fashioned way - with shovels & brute force. After about a hour of tedious labor and minimal progress a few guys came around and I hired them to complete the job - they worked for about 10" then disappeared, Haven't the foggiest idea why they bailed.

So, it was back to brute force. Fortunately, one of my neighbors who has a monster s**wblower was kind enough to clear the stuff the town pushed in front of half of my driveway so at least I can get out. Must say I'm feeling the effects this AM! I'm way too old for this s**t. angry smiley

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Unless the snow is light and you get it every few inches. I'm 6' 200+ and had an 8HP 24" 2-stage blower that was brand new and had a quick start. It replaced a much older iron monster. But even with the new one, I was sore the next day. Of course that was after I did my 2 driveways and some for the neighbors and the court itself because it was going to be last on the priority list for the county.

You wrestle with it to get it turned, then you wrestle again as it tries to veer off course.
Only 13" of s**w in New London, NH
Ed B - Tuesday, 28 December, 2010, at 9:32:05 am
Lots of wind and drifts. Chill factor was between -30 and -40F depending on the wind gusts. Snow is a good insulator so the house will stay warmer.
Drivers were pretty good yesterday. Very few incidents.
While I was plowing my driveway, a large GMC SUV came over the hill way too fast, spun and put it in the ditch. Four wheel drive just lets you get further off the road before you get stuck.

Current temp is about 15F without much wind, so it feels warm. Time to load the skis!

Ed B smiling smiley
Re: Only 13" of s**w in New London, NH
Ollie - Tuesday, 28 December, 2010, at 6:43:01 pm
Hard to tell how much I got just south of you- I have grass showing in places and 4 foot piles in others... That wind was nasty.
Think snow! *NM*
Ed B - Tuesday, 28 December, 2010, at 9:34:19 am
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 09:45AM by Ed B. (view changes)
It's "snow", not "s**w"
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 28 December, 2010, at 7:31:33 pm
Porsches are fantastic fun in the snow. The ones forced to hibernate are missing out...

[www.streetfire.net]
Let me know how....
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Wednesday, 29 December, 2010, at 8:57:52 am
successful you are in driving your Boxster in 18" of s**w! smiling smiley

Even at lower amounts it's not worth the risk of getting hit by a SUV over-driving it's capabilities.

smileys with beer

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
My NYS Thruway observations over the years
Laz - Wednesday, 29 December, 2010, at 6:17:06 pm
In summer, Ultimate Driving Machines in the weeds. In winter, Swedish cars and SUVs in the medians and culverts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login