Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The first photo is at the intersection of Glendora Mountain Rd. and Glendora Ridge Rd. (Azusa Canyon- So. Cal.). The second photo is on Glendora Ridge Rd. You can see a bit of the twisty road in this photo. That are plenty of other curves to practice your driving techniques. These 2 roads are off the beaten path and lightly traveled.

Gorgeous day. Clean road. Few other drivers. smiling smiley

The other photos are just for scenic pleasure. Note that the high rises in Downtown LA can be seen in one of the photos (A rare site in the LA basin).

[www.tinysites.com]
I'm down in LA for Christmas, and keep meaning to drive up there to see if it's still open. Haven't had the chance yet. Had the rains started before you went?
could be snow or ice at the easternmost end.

This website seems to give road condition updates.

[glendoramtnroad.blogspot.com]
Took many drives in that area in my '64 Goat. Also in my Sprite. Went to Cal Poly and had Fridays to cruise around. Also, had a college girlfriend in your fair city, Whittier. Even drove up highway 39 to Angeles Crest when it still went through to the top.
access ACH. Now I have to drive about 20+ more miles with traffic to start an ACH drive. They have been promising the repair and re-open for many years now. With CA budget cuts, I see no good long term prognosis.

Did your girlfriend go to Whittier College?

It's a funny thing. I didn't know about GMR & GRR until about 10 years ago. A PPBB member, Rick B., "found" it on the internet. A cafe bike rider haven. A bunch of us PPBB Boxster owners got together for a community drive one Saturday morning. I have been going back ever since and whenever I need permagrin. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Tony:

The girlfriend lived in Whittier and went to Cal Poly, as I did. Incidentally, I did meet you in that gold country Boxster drive a few years ago.

For Guenter:

We're a little behind some areas here in northern California, but spring should be here in about a month and a half. No snow down here In the Central Valley, though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 12:52AM by EdSac. (view changes)
EdSac

For Guenter:

We're a little behind some areas here in northern California, but spring should be here in about a month and a half. No snow down here In the Central Valley, though.

Thanks Ed. At least I won't have to worry about you freezing your buns off for 3 more months like some of us. smiling smiley winking smiley smiling smiley

Most of our s**w is almost gone, with us being in the middle of a two day thaw with highs near 50. Then reality will set in again.

Happy New Year. smiling smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sigh..................
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 11:34:00 pm
LOVE that second picture. It made me want to hop on a plane with the CURVEN8R so we could dance through those curves to the sound of the Symphony in Flat Six.

OK, so now I have to clean the drool off my monitor. sad smiley grinning smiley

Thanks for posting.

How may days till spring?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login