Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Ezra Dyer drives Tail of the Dragon in a 981
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 21 August, 2012, at 9:02:43 pm
This is part of the Spirited Escape Road Trip, but Ezra Dyer takes the wheel for this one - and it's a good thing for this stretch. Some pretty good footage.

[escape.porsche.com]
Re: Ezra Dyer drives Tail of the Dragon in a 981
silverbox03 - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 1:46:18 pm
Thanks for sharing. That is truly "it". A great road on a great day in a great car. Pushing it just enough to get it working. I guess we're partial, but to me, there is nothing like this in a Boxster. Any of 'em, whether 986, 987, or 981. Almost spiritual. What other production car can offer such experience.
You can almost feel each individual wheel for what it is doing. The engine borders on the symphonic as the throttle, clutch, and shifter harmonize. Our cars seem to almost anticipate our directive. Eh...gotta' go, where's me keys??
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 23 August, 2012, at 4:46:28 pm
silverbox03
You can almost feel each individual wheel for what it is doing. The engine borders on the symphonic as the throttle, clutch, and shifter harmonize.

You've got it. The Zen of driving. hot smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Thanks for posting
Roger987 - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 2:03:03 pm
Interesting he got it a bit sideways. Maybe the electronic nannies were turned off?

I've been surprised that, even with the traction control on, I still get the odd wheel spin, and the occasional chirp when accelerating out of sharp corners.

Of course, I'm getting about 60 more horsepower with clear side markers, new steering wheel, Boxster S tail pipe, short-shift kit, GT silver paint, and most important, no script on the rear trunklid. grinning smiley
Re: How about an extra day before BRBS @ the Tail. the finger smiley
chrismmm - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 7:05:54 pm
that place is a few hours from where i live. what am i waiting on?

chrismmm: 2007-987 . jet black . north georgia
PCA PST member
danz76 - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 4:37:35 pm
Very cool. Thanks for posting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login