Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.

Not bad for a 13 year old car!

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
gorgeous. Even if i had the time and eperience to do that...
grant - Tuesday, 21 August, 2012, at 9:45:14 pm
mine unfortunately has too much track rash. Mostly chips in the hood. Ah well, from 20 ft i get lots of compliments.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Very nice. What do yo use for the shine?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
I had just got the Griot's garage random orbital kit
986rgt - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 4:30:46 pm
After a good wash, I used the clay, machine polish 4, and best of show wax. First time using the machine, and I'm sure it could have done a better job, but I still think it came out amazing. The paint had 13 years of swirl marks and some pretty good fine scratches going down the lines of the car from when I used to pull into my carport without rolling up the tarp door. I would just kinda roll on under the flap not realizing it was putting these fine scratches down the car. But now they are mostly gone, and the ones I didn't get out with the orbital, went away with the wax. I still have my stone chips in the hood, but they just show that the car gets used, she is no garage queen! The kit was some of the best money I've spent on the car, I had been on the fence for a while trying to justify the cost, but after splurging for my GT3 seat, I figured, whats an extra 200?!

Steve
Guards Red 1999
Re: I had just got the Griot's garage random orbital kit
IFlyLow - Saturday, 25 August, 2012, at 7:59:08 am
Looks like I know what to ask for on my birthday (The Griot's kit, not the car!)
Sweet looking Box. Love that front spoiler...very aggressive.
Thanks! *NM*
986rgt - Wednesday, 22 August, 2012, at 4:31:40 pm
Steve
Guards Red 1999
Looks BETTER than new! Good job! *NM*
Roger987 - Thursday, 23 August, 2012, at 7:24:45 am
Sweet!!!!!!!! *NM*
atwnsw - Thursday, 23 August, 2012, at 7:31:06 am
sharp. very sharp looking. for years i could never figure out why anyone would want to use a car cover. at this point im sure would agree after all that hard work it may be best to put a cover on it. I fully understand your comment about not being a garage king. great job on the pics too.

May we ask about the front spoiler, where u got it and cost sir?

chrismmm: 2007-987 . jet black . north georgia
PCA PST member
Thanks again everyone
986rgt - Saturday, 25 August, 2012, at 4:59:10 pm
Chris, the bumper is a RUF RGT piece, when I bought it back in 2000, I think it was about $2k in primer. I did all the fitting and mounting myself and had the local paint shop spray it for about 200. There are some knockoffs out there, but I'm not sure about the quality. I never had to really do anything to thE RUF piece. I got it from RUF in Canada, but there is a us supplier that has to be better to deal with than the guy I had to deal with, I think it was Weisach Motors or something like that.

Steve

Steve
Guards Red 1999
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login