Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Top Gear UK drives the Blue Ridge Parkway
MarkinMD - Wednesday, 29 December, 2010, at 4:33:42 pm
The Top Gear UK "Christmas Special" featured a trip by Clarkson, Hammond and May to the East Coast of the US. They start their trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a GT3 RS, a Merc SLS and a 458 Italia. Perfect cars for The Parkway, right?!?

You can see it here...
[www.streetfire.net]

For those of you who are into bit torrents, the 720p HD rip really looks good...
[www.finalgear.com]
Re: Top Gear UK drives the Blue Ridge Parkway
dennisafrompa - Wednesday, 29 December, 2010, at 4:58:55 pm
MarkinMD
The Top Gear UK "Christmas Special" featured a trip by Clarkson, Hammond and May to the East Coast of the US. They start their trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a GT3 RS, a Merc SLS and a 458 Italia. Perfect cars for The Parkway, right?!?

You can see it here...
[www.streetfire.net]

For those of you who are into bit torrents, the 720p HD rip really looks good...
[www.finalgear.com]
With a 45 mph limit, not really. There are much better places for real driving....now if you're talkin' relaxed mountain vista viewing, well OK.
Don't think I'm one of the RV set, but I've enjoyed cruising the parkway with the BRBS crowd. The 45 speed limit always seems like a suggestion. smileys with beer

[lh6.ggpht.com]

Personally, I'd have gone to this place [www.diamondbacknc.com]
or this one [www.dealsgap.com]

and, I think I would have driven by North Wilkesboro to this place [www.virnow.com]

It is my favorite track smiling smiley

[lh3.ggpht.com]

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
They did go to VIR. It is in the second segment of the show......
jg wnc - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 12:23:10 pm
Thought it was all pretty funny, esp. since I got to drive an SLS in Germany back in October. We never got on a racetrack and never pushed it like Clarkson did, but it is a pretty amazing car and sounds grrrrrrrrrrrreatttttttt!!!!!!

what is the speed limit in Britain?
JM-Stamford,CT - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 2:13:39 pm
The criticism seems a bit much.
police traffic patrols, police staffed radar traps, speed cameras, even cameras hooked together that snap a pic of your car's license plate and match the number from the two pics and calculate your vehicle's speed over a distance. If the speed over the limit you'll get a ticket in the mail.

In many areas in which the limits were 50mph have seen the local jurisdiction drop the limits to in some cases 30mph.

The limits are so low, stupidly low, and the enforcement so strict that a huge number of UK drivers have been 'nicked'.

There is some rebellion growing and pushing back to have the limits left alone or if possible raised a bit back to where they were.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
They're heavy handed on all speed limits
Steve (Morro Bay) - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 7:54:50 pm
And to be fair, apart from the Isle of Man (where they had the road closed by the local government for their show) I can't remember them ever bragging about great driving roads in the UK.
good (driving) roads in the UK too. One (or more) UK published car mags (and one UK published motorcycle (Bike) mag) feature great driving UK roads almost every issue. Some roads in the far north of the UK and Scotland come in for praise too.

'course, there are many crap roads. A big issue with UK car mag writers is too many high performance cars are being tuned at/for the 'ring. While this helps the 'ring numbers on real roads (mainly the crap roads most often encountered by writers in the UK) the cars thus tuned are not as good on these roads.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
The motorway speed limits in the UK is 70mph, though most cars in the fast lane cruise around the 80-90 mph and don't seem to have a problem with the local constabulary.....
The biggest problem there is the volume of traffic - you have a very small island with over 60 million people and probably the same number of vehicles - I'm pretty sure its the most heavily vehicle populated area in the world.
It is the complete opposite here in Australia - a VERY large island, 20 million people and about 6-7 million vehicles. Once out of the major cities, traffic is very light but we still have a (very) enforced speed limit of 110kmh (70mph). If I tried to cruise at 80-90mph - especially in Victoria - I would have my car impounded and be declared bankrupt....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login