Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
CAR IS FIXED/AAA WARRANTY QUESTION
JackintheBoxster - Wednesday, 19 September, 2012, at 9:44:30 pm
The long night is apparently over. My 01 base that died due to a broken valve or piston shaft two years ago on I-95 north of Philly is now fixed, having received the transplant of an 80K engine (I've got like 130K on my car), I just heard today. My local indy guy, who I trust, liked the replacement engine and did some other work, including replacing the clutch and starter, will find out what else he did when I pick up the car Friday. He is replacing the tail light tomorrow.

This has been a long wait -- really, twoyears, I'm not kidding -- and I'm looking forward to having this car back, as you might imagine.

I'll be contacting the local PCA to reactivate next week.

Just after this happened, AAA sent out a notice that they were offering extended warranties on older cars. I called them but, interestingly, they weren't interested in paying for the repair of a Porsche that was already in the garage with what was probably a shot engine.

Now, however, I'm thinking of signing up since, as many have pointed out, I still have a car with a lot of miles on it. Has anyone had any experience with this program?

Thanks.
AAA WARRANTY Answer
tom coughlin - Thursday, 20 September, 2012, at 9:05:53 am
I got the AAA policy when my factory coverage ran out. The one claim I had was paid without any question (but the new Pcar svc manager wanted me to kick in extra money because I was getting valuable work done for "free". I pointed out that my "free" work came as a result of my paid a good deal of money for the AAA coverage and negotiated his bill lower).

I bought AAA for three main reasons. 1) They'll be around unlike too many other companies that take the money and fold when claims start. 2) The old Pcar svc. manager told me that AAA was good to work with.3) The AAA policy covers everything with stated exceptions. Other policies exclude everything except what they tell you they will cover. It cost me about three grand and I luckily didn't have problems that cost anywhere near that.
Go for it.
Specifics
grant - Saturday, 22 September, 2012, at 8:45:06 am
Three grand for how long and how many miles on a car how old?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: CAR IS FIXED/AAA WARRANTY QUESTION
MikenOH - Thursday, 20 September, 2012, at 9:13:42 am
Glad to hear you're getting your car back on the road--best of luck with it.

I have no opinion of AAA extended warranty but would suggest you continue with your due diligence and gather as much info as possible before writing the check.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login