Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New car
Dave In MD - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 7:42:33 am
So, I've been wanting a new car most of this year. Mostly wanted an S - 986 or 987. The Boxster has been in the shop for about a month. Not sure what the fate of the Boxster will be - more on that later perhaps. But, I found a good deal on a 987 and bought it over the weekend in Cleveland. Nice drive home through the mountains in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and western Maryland.

2006 Cayman S, seal gray, natural leather interior. On the shore of Lake Erie with Cleveland in the back ground.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Excellent!!!
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 7:52:23 am
... I'm sure you'll enjoy it and will drive it as the good Doctor intended them to be.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: New car
MikenOH - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 8:00:21 am
Beautiful car; did you buy it through a dealer or private sale?
Dave In MD - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 11:10:04 am
MikenOH
Beautiful car; did you buy it through a dealer or private sale?

Got the car through a dealer. I used the Porsche web site to search for a used Cayman S, sorted by price, got trade-in quotes from kbb.com, reviewed the car fax on them and started down the list to see which dealer would take a reasonable offer with a promise to close it before quarter end. Got it with CPO. Flew out Saturday morning, took delivery and drove it home. Of course, the trip home took 2 days to make what Google says should be a 7 hour trip. And, so it begins: Permagrin again. Take the long way home! smileys with beer

he drove into the dealer's for service and I just had to wander over and admire. Beautiful.
Contrads & enjoy in good health smileys with beer
Harvey in FL - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 9:38:11 am
I bet you will be able to reduce your track times smiling bouncing smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 11:08:06 am
VERY nice. What options came with the car. (Did it include the co-pilot?) smiling smiley

Just one small technicallity. I believe that's a 987c. All 987's are convertibles. winking smiley

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 11:08AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Guenter...
Dave In MD - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 11:22:17 am
I thought they were called Boxster sedans! smiling smiley It's actually got quite a few options. It seems that the resell value is not much affected by the options. Options include full leather, power seats, Bose stereo, xenon headlights, rain sensing wipers and dimming mirrors, and others... Also, who ever owned it previously had hard wired a plug for a V1. Handy since I took the V1 and the GPS for the trip.

Funny part: I was all set to fly out by myself and just drive the car home. The co-pilot suggested she tag along and we do a back road drive home through the mountains. Worked out great!

Re: Guenter...
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 12:00:21 pm
Dave In MD
I thought they were called Boxster sedans! smiling smiley

Funny part: I was all set to fly out by myself and just drive the car home. The co-pilot suggested she tag along and we do a back road drive home through the mountains. Worked out great!

Um, I think it's hardtop Boxster.

That co-pilot is a keeper. Ya gotta admit, you've got to love it when she tells you where to go. cool smiley
after a little research...
Dave In MD - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 2:28:44 pm
I found an article on Popular Science. It's officially a Boxster coupe!

[www.popsci.com]

Signature updated.

Re: after a little research...
MikenOH - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 8:28:46 pm
Dave--was yours the grey/natural leather car up at Penske? I saw one like that last week at that dealership and have to say that combo was very striking
Re: after a little research...
Dave In MD - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 9:18:48 pm
MikenOH
Dave--was yours the grey/natural leather car up at Penske? I saw one like that last week at that dealership and have to say that combo was very striking

That's it!

Nice... Seal Grey. *NM*
Laz - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 11:12:14 am
ADMIN! - Another 'new' Cayman on PB - quite nice!
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 11:46:03 am
Dare I inquire about the transmission smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 07:48AM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
...manual 6 speed. Was there another choice? smoking smiley *NM*
Dave In MD - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 2:22:50 pm
...of course not smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 2:28:38 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Absolutely gorgeous car, Dave..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 5:53:50 pm
I hope you enjoy many happy miles!

Regards, -rick.
Congrats Dave! *NM*
Cris - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 10:42:14 pm
awesome - that's how I got a Cayman too
Steve (Morro Bay) - Tuesday, 2 October, 2012, at 1:13:14 am
My boxster had been in the shop for about a month, and that was just long enough for my perpetual online window-shopping to turn into a buy. I hope your boxster comes back to life, and that you hang on to both!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 01:13AM by Steve (Iowa). (view changes)
Re: awesome - that's how I got a Cayman too
Dave In MD - Tuesday, 2 October, 2012, at 6:36:31 am
yep, I'd been thinking about a new one and the loss of permagrin with the car in the shop just lasted too long. I'd really like to keep both. Nothing like a convertible for the drives in the twisties in pretty weather. It's why I originally bought the car.

dennisafrompa - Tuesday, 2 October, 2012, at 7:34:34 am
Nice find. I thought they were called Boxster Limos!

Congrats.
Rev Dennis - Friday, 5 October, 2012, at 8:41:19 pm
Very nice Dave. Good luck with it. There was a time I needed a convertible. As I get older that has faded. Must be a recurring theme.
Meredith in Atlanta - Monday, 8 October, 2012, at 10:57:04 am
Very nice! Congratulations, Dave!!!
SWEET! *NM*
newt - Monday, 8 October, 2012, at 5:43:53 pm
RiskMan - Thursday, 11 October, 2012, at 8:52:29 pm
Well done Dave, nice find! Hope you enjoy her with the co-pilot for many, many years! smiling smiley
Really nice Dave, love seal grey! *NM*
DougW - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 10:24:34 am
Thanks everyone...
Dave In MD - Friday, 12 October, 2012, at 11:42:00 am
just to update, I had the car on the racetrack at New Jersey Motorsports Park over the weekend. Runs terrific. Even on street tires. Very happy with the car! drinking smiley

I believe Dr. Porsche would be proud. Bought the car on a Saturday, drove it home via the mountain roads and ran it on the track the next Friday. BRBS should be fun!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login