Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Enjoying Mother Nature while we can
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 1:46:44 pm
Well, it's that time of year, when Mother Nature puts on her fancy colour. Just her way of saying, "Enjoy it while you can, cause you know what's coming next."

So, we took the opportunity to drive north for lunch. Just a nice 250 mile round trip to Georgian Bay to the southern part of the Bruce Peninsula. Quite a bit of sunshine temps got into the mid 60's. There's no better way to enjoy it than in a topless Boxster. We saw a number of other convertible, including a new 981. Non of them had the tops down, except for one other silver Boxster who gave us a friendly wave back.

So, a bit of what we saw.

Our view from our lunch spot.

Waiting for lunch to arrive.

After lunch, just about ready for the second half of our permagrin fix.

Gary, before you ask.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 1:48:15 pm
They both had manuals. grinning smiley
Glad to hear it....how do you tell them apart? thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 2:08:26 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
!8" v. 17" *NM*
Roger987 - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 5:14:19 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 06:17PM by Laz. (view changes)
Thanks Laz. It was a great picture day with the colours. Clouds in the sky always add so much to a picture I find, even though straight sunshine would have been warmer. smiling smiley
You are so lucky to consistently experience the true essence of the wonderful autumn season year after year! The air looks crisp, the trees are stunning, the water views are beautiful, and the cars look great! Thanks again for the absolutely gorgeous photos!

Best regards,

Rick
Rick J (Nashville, TN)
You are so lucky to consistently experience the true essence of the wonderful autumn season year after year! The air looks crisp, the trees are stunning, the water views are beautiful, and the cars look great! Thanks again for the absolutely gorgeous photos!

Best regards,

Rick

Thanks, Rick. I'd love the autumn even more - MUCH more, we could just skip that season that comes after it and jump right into Spring. smiling smiley
Great pictures, Guenter
MikenOH - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 8:26:19 pm
IMO,the most scenic time of the year to be driving around the Great Lakes. Bet you had those heated seats on..
Re: Great pictures, Guenter
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 1 October, 2012, at 8:45:40 pm
Thanks Mike. It is a beautiful time of year. I just wish it lasted longer. ....maybe till the end of March? smiling smiley We'll maybe get another 2 weekends or so.

Actually, we really didn't seem to need the heated seats yesterday. We just had a bit of heat from the heater. That was about it. Once it gets down into the 40's and 50's, the seat heaters are much appreciated though. grinning smiley
Guenter--do you spend the winter in Ontario or head south?
MikenOH - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 8:28:50 am
I'm just starting to see a few Ontario plates heading south on I-71--the FL. season must be starting.
MikenOH
I'm just starting to see a few Ontario plates heading south on I-71--the FL. season must be starting.

I wish I was one of the Snowbirds. Alas, I'm still part of the Polar Bear crowd. Next to perfect world would be Arpil - Oct in Ontario, rest of the year in Florida.

We do usually make it down to Florida for a week or two in late Winter.
Guenter in Ontario
MikenOH

I wish I was one of the Snowbirds. Alas, I'm still part of the Polar Bear crowd. Next to perfect world would be Arpil - Oct in Ontario, rest of the year in Florida.

Maybe perfect for Canadian's. not not for most in So FL eye rolling smiley

Of course those on the Board are exceptions. smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Guenter--do you spend the winter in Ontario or head south?
MikenOH - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 1:00:31 pm
Gary:
I heard a joke awhile back regarding what the typical Floridian's view of heaven was--it included a northerner from particular state headed north on I-95 with a couple of other types of snow-birds under each arm; True? winking smiley
Quite true....the way I've heard it is that "happiness is a New Yorker heading north with a Canadian under each arm."

Of course that's not how I feel....unless the New Yorker is a Yankee fan winking smiley

Gary in SoFL

Maybe perfect for Canadian's. not not for most in So FL eye rolling smiley

Of course those on the Board are exceptions. smileys with beer

Maybe all those other Canadians try to spend their $CDN. We try not to confuse the issue so convert 'em to $US first. smiling smiley
A supposedly true story:
Laz - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 8:02:48 am
Groucho Marx was dining alone at a restaurant when a woman he knew spotted him. She said, "Groucho, may I join you?" To which he replied, "Why? Am I coming apart?"
Re: A supposedly true story:
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 9:20:15 am
Depending on the woman, sounds like an opportunity missed.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login