Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
To keep or upgrade...
Griff 03s - Tuesday, 2 October, 2012, at 8:55:19 pm
I have an 03S with 50k miles. Debating whether to upgrade to a 911, another boxster, or get the IMS replaced and keep it. My wife wants the 911 and I'm just not sure, still looking. Just finished waxing it and I still love the way it looks and drives. Here's a couple pics I just took in the garage.

Seriously you have to consider her wishes/wants. I mean she may not be the Boxster type. No shame there. It is not every one's cup of tea.

Also, the car's smaller size, cramped interior, and lower seat position with increased difficulty getting in and out of the car and a poorer view out may be a factor.

The view out of my 911 is better than the view out my 02 Boxster (unless the top is down, which it never is anymore, since like about the 2nd year I owned the car and that was about the last time I had the top down).

Go look at 911's. Test drive some. You might become a convert too like your wife..

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Read down a few posts.........

Bruce
Re: To keep or upgrade...
Jim 'n' SC - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 6:15:09 am
I went from owning 2 Boxster's to a 07 Carrera then back to a 2013 Boxster. While I liked the Carrera and kept it for 5 years I really missed my Boxster's. When I saw the new Boxster I knew I wanted one. While the Carrera has more power the Boxster is hands down more fun to drive. If you have never owned a 911 then maybe you need to get it out of your system and see what it's like. I'm very happy to be back in my new Boxster!

Good luck with your decision.
Your wife probably wants a PDK as well winking smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 7:02:24 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: To upgrade...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 8:43:00 am
The Boxster is more fun to drive. I am sure there is '09 or newer with your name on it somewhere. smiling bouncing smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
db997S - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 8:52:17 am
My wife likes our 911 more than the Boxster due to more room, she feels easier to get in and out of and the back seats to put all the crap she brings along on a roadtrip. Who am I to agrue. My preference is the two-seater but I feel the 911 is a much more solidly built car. Porsche may have fixed that with the new 981, which is stiffer, but my '09 997S is rock solid when compared with the '02 986S I traded in for it.
Yea, I know some soft stuff goes in the back but I liked the two trunks. Of course, my wife wants to bring about 3 bags into the cabin with her and pack the front trunk too. I'd think the Cayman would provide some of both virtues.
Naples986 - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 9:58:25 am
My wife liked our 911 more than our Boxster due to the room too. It is nice to have the extra room when the passenger wants to recline the seat or put all the stuff she brings along on our road trips. As for me, both are fun to drive great cars so go with the one that meets your needs. Happy shopping.
SRG - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 11:53:38 am
That car is beautiful. Keep it, change the bearing, and take your wife on a trip somewhere you've always wanted to go with the extra bucks.
RiskMan - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 9:21:12 pm
Griff, that is such a pretty Box, looks to be in great condition, would be terribly difficult for me to part with it! And I'm sure it's paid for, do the IMS bearing and enjoy the heck out of it! smiling smiley
Griff 03s - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 9:41:27 pm
I'm am thinking about keeping it. My wife is more freaked about the IMS than I am. Does anybody know where I could get the IMS bearing done around Pittsburgh PA?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login