Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
This is a really cool ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 9:42:21 am
... building by Porsche Design, which will be built in Miami starting next year.
Take a look:

[www.youtube.com]

Your cars can be part of your decor.
We're having a wine and cheese event at their showroom.
If you'd like to come, RSVP is required through www.ClubRegistration.net

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

PS: If you have to ask the price for one of the apartments, you really can't afford it. I know, I asked winking smiley
They start at just over $4MM and go to just over $20MM.

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 09:35AM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Re: Thus is a really cool ...
Jaay - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 10:27:17 am
The difference is that ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 6:09:32 pm
... the Porsche Design is the only one in the world that allows the driver to stay in the car.
All of the other systems are only rated for cargo.
The PD is passenger rated.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Re: Thus is a really cool ...
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 3 October, 2012, at 12:20:08 pm
For that price they should throw in a loaded 981S, with a MANual transmission, of course grinning smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: really cool ...
jacknyc - Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, at 2:58:57 pm
The video should show one of us under the car trying to change the IMS, spilling oil all over that pristine floor. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Also, what a waste of energy moving the car up (rather than just a person).

But I have to admit: DO WANT. tongue sticking out smiley
Re: really cool ...
danz76 - Thursday, 25 October, 2012, at 5:58:11 pm
The developer, Gil Dezer, is well know and highly regarded condo developer here in South Florida. The Porsche Design Tower Miami is one of his most ambitious projects, and in the city of Sunny Isles that he has been an integral part of re-developing.
Gil's father, Michael, was also a developer in South Florida, as well as an avid car collector and enthusiast. He is known for putting classic cars in his buildings, and had a 50's style car-centric restaurant in one of his hotels. His most recent project is the Dezer Car Museum in North Miami. I'll be going there for my birthday in a few weeks. The exhibitions include: Hollywood Cars of the Stars, James Bond Exhibition, American Classics, European Classics, Bicycles, Motorcycles & Scooters, Military Vehicles, Micro Cars and an Art Gallery. Here is a link to the site, where they also sell cars:

Dezer Car Museum
When I met with Gil Dezer ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 26 October, 2012, at 10:48:26 am
... he explained the whole concept to us.
They will also have, in the basement, a full-blown maintenance/repair and detail shop.
That way people can have their cars serviced there and have them ready when they arrive or just detail them so that the car is part of the decor in their apartment.
Very cool.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Re: When I met with Gil Dezer ...
danz76 - Friday, 26 October, 2012, at 3:45:34 pm
Will the detailing shop be open to non-residents? I live nearby and would love to have a good detaling facility close by.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 03:45PM by danz76. (view changes)
I ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 26 October, 2012, at 6:45:35 pm
... would think it won't be open to the public because of security issues.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Re: I ...
dak911 - Saturday, 27 October, 2012, at 10:18:01 pm
What happens when it malfunctions, and it will...your car will be stuck for ???? till the Porsche design group sends over a "factory trained" tecnician.... LIMO anyone
How many times...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 29 October, 2012, at 9:35:08 am
... have YOU been stuck in an elevator?
Not many if ever, I would guess.
The elevators used in this tower are passenger-rated which requires special maintenance schedules and safety redundant systems.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Re: How many times...
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 29 October, 2012, at 9:24:58 pm
Not so much the elevator - but that mechanism that loads and unloads the car looks like it might cause problems at some time.
... that uses a similar mechanism.
It's a Cat-5-proof, completely automated storage facility for cars, art, fine wines, etc.
The car part is also pretty cool and uses a similar type of equipment.
This is a unique facility where all of the equipment was designed and custom manufactured for the owner of RoboVault.
We recently took a tour of the facility and we were blown away by the technology and safety features.

[www.youtube.com]

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login