Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Farewell to my Boxster S
edco - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 6:36:00 pm
After 5 1/2 years, tomorrow around noon I will be bidding farewell to my 2005 987 S. Not only was it my first Porsche, but it was the very first car that I ever ordered to be built rather than take something from dealer stock or from a dealer locate. It has served me incredibly well. It not only taught me the meaning of permagrin but also any of my friends and family that were lucky enough to drive it. The Boxster/Cayman is truly an amazing car. Back in 2005 I originally set out to buy a 997 S Cab but the balance, beauty and practicality of the Boxster S won me over and convinced me to give up the extra horsepower and low end torque from the 997 S. I have never regretted it. The 987 and 987 S are remarkable cars. After all this time I can only fault Porsche on the radio and climate control buttons and levers which I see they have fixed in later model years.

At the risk of getting flamed I am going to state my opinion. If Porsche produced a Boxster/Cayman with more power, it would surpass the iconic 911 in every way. Can you imagine these cars with 385hp or 400hp? How about a gt version with 430hp or 450hp? In no way is this meant to belittle the 911. They are great cars too. In fact as of tomorrow noon I will be a member of the 911 owners club. While the overall performance, beauty and balance of the 987 S now coming with 310hp to 330hp could prevent me from buying a 997 or 997 S, the siren song of the Turbo S was too powerful for me to resist. Fortunately, I’ve had a good run of late and could afford to scratch this itch. That doesn’t mean I am making this move without any regrets. All I can say is that my new Porsche has some pretty big shoes to fill.
Re: Farewell to my Boxster S
jwdbox - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 6:41:53 pm
Congrats and many permagrin miles in your new turbo. Details? Pics?
Second that! *NM*
MarcW - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 7:05:15 pm
a comparison after you've had a chance to get the first 2K miles on it. smiling smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Where is it going? I'm in the market for an 05 S
SeaNile - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 9:18:43 pm
I'm curious if you traded it in or sold privately? I'm in the market for a Boxster S and would be curious about the details.

John
Re: Where is it going? I'm in the market for an 05 S
edco - Thursday, 30 December, 2010, at 10:33:14 pm
I am trading it to Porsche, Audi, MB of Melbourne, Fl. It has 54K on the clock. Equipment includes, 6spd, Sport Chrono, PASM, PCM with Navi & Bose in dash CD plus 6 CD changer in front trunk, heated seats, park assist and colored crests on wheels. It is lapis blue with blue top and blue interior. It was very well cared for with oil changes at 5K and then at 10k and every 10K thereafter. Replaced mats about 3 years ago with LLoyd's which have held up much better than OEM. Just put on 3rd set of tires 4K miles ago, Conti Extreme Contacts. While I know I could have done much better with a private sale, I got a fair trade value of $21K. I rather trade it in and let the dealer spruce it up with new radio knobs and mats. Plus they will offer at least a limited wtd when then sell it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login