Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I cheated, but I'm back! *NBC*
IFlyLow - Thursday, 8 November, 2012, at 10:53:54 am
Well, boredom and curiosity got the best of me, so I strayed onto a Ferrari chat board. I figured I could keep my '01S as a DD and buy a Ferrari for a garage queen. Luckily, before I posted anything, I browsed a while. The first thing I saw was a noob with the same sort of questions any noob would ask- Any recommendations on model, year, maintenance issues, budget. All he got was a two page rant about how he shouldn't bother real folk with his issues/I get on here for technical info, not to coddle noobs, etc. How dare you ask us for our opinion!

Bottom line, while there were some helpful people, there was a high percentage of pompous jerks. Thank you, Pedro and all members for being a welcoming, helpful bunch. I have asked my share of stupid questions, and gotten nothing but good advice.

I'll stick with the Germans. Sorry for looking at Italians
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 11:06AM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: I cheated, but I'm back! *NBC*
Rev Dennis - Sunday, 11 November, 2012, at 4:45:14 pm
I went to ferrarichat a few years ago. Actually it was 2003. I was considering a Ferrari. I asked the usual questions a noob would. I got PMs and emails telling me/warning me of the maintenance nightmare Ferraris are. They all said they would not dare dis the car directly on the forum. They suggested I try an Acura NSX. I did and I bought one. Ferraris seem to be worse than boats. The day you sell them is way better than the day you buy them.
Re: I cheated, but I'm back! *NBC*
danz76 - Sunday, 11 November, 2012, at 10:56:38 pm
Thanks for sharing guys. I was half serious about a late model F355 until I read your posts.
Welcome back General! We've heard you cheated!
tom coughlin - Monday, 12 November, 2012, at 8:15:55 am
Oh, it was a car cheat. OK, great. Welcome back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login