Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
open front trunk, disconnected battery on an '01
Michael SYS Driver - Friday, 9 November, 2012, at 12:29:48 pm
I have read all of the options and I see the cable under the shroud, but is it supposed to be really hard to push/pull? Also I have a trickle charger but will that work with the battery disconnected? I tried it but i got no current. Can I get something to hook on the cable to pull it?

TIA
I don't know about the 2001 but my 2002 has a place at the bottom of the fuse panel where you can connect another battery to operate the electric hood release. I have also used the cigarette lighter as a way to get power into the car. I recommend you NOT connect the trickle charger with the battery disconnected as it may not be regulated well enough to protect the electronics in the car. I have used a 12 volt "wall wart" power supply with a cigarette lighter plug to open my hood. You could also make a cigarette ligher "jumper cable" to plug into the boxster and another car.
thanks I will try the cigarette lighter and jumper cable. My trickle charger is a better one and it had a fault with the battery disconnected so that did not work. I will look at the fuse panel to see if I have the connectors. Thanks for the info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login