Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Copied this from Planet 9; one of those subjects that people joke about, but I know precious few people that have ever done this--successfully.smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

So.... if you were doing the video, what would the ending be?
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
JackintheBoxster - Tuesday, 20 November, 2012, at 2:30:05 pm
No, never, not once. But only because my wife will never let us drive by the mechanic who has this really great 964 for sale, and I mean, it's cheap. Really almost free, when you think about it.
Luckily, I've never had to. Back in 1998 when I first mentioned getting a Boxster, she simply said yes, and she's not a car person. We had been married for 13 years at the time and were always a one-car family with no need for a second vehicle. To this day, we really still don't need a second car, but I'm on my third Porsche and original wife. She's on her second Prius and loving it. We tend to keep cars for about 6 or 7 years.
The M5 looks sedate and I don't think he's told her about the 560 hp and 500 ft-lbs of torque. She's even ok with him tracking it at Lime Rock. He had a 2006 Cayman S that was 50/50 with her and I think he's got a hankerin' for a 2013.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 04:26PM by Roger987. (view changes)
On a completely different subject, but somewhat related..
MikenOH - Tuesday, 20 November, 2012, at 4:34:36 pm
Our xmas present showed up today; pickup up tomorrow. My wife gets to drive it first.....................smiling bouncing smileyGR981
Mazel tov! *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 20 November, 2012, at 7:53:41 pm
Merry Christmas, Mike!!!!!!!!!!!! hot smiley

Just needs green wheels and you'd have a real Christmas baby. That's going to be some huge tree you'll need to get that package under it. smiling smiley

Looks great. Hope you've got your memory card emptied for lots of pictures I'm sure you'll be posting here. winking smiley winking smiley

Can't wait to hear your first impressions.
Re: On a completely different subject, but somewhat related..
MikenOH - Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, at 7:46:08 am
Thanks, Guenter--we're pretty pumped up..

Green wheels, huh--let me think about that one. I guess I'll be putting the tree up out in the garage..smiling smiley.

I'm really interested in how this sport suspension will work compared to the PASM; well--I hope..
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, at 1:41:50 pm
MikenOH
Thanks, Guenter--we're pretty pumped up..

Green wheels, huh--let me think about that one...

Best of luck with the new arrival, and rest assured that Guenter is GREEN with envy smiling smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
MikenOH - Thursday, 22 November, 2012, at 8:05:12 pm
Thanks Gary; my wife nixed the green wheels, but thinks a big green bow would work; I'll leave that in her capable hands.
Wayne K - Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, at 4:58:06 pm
" Our xmas present showed up today; pickup up tomorrow. My wife gets to drive it first.....................GR981" Nice. Enjoy in good health.
Just like I'm looking at yachts this week ... not buying ... looking. Just like I look at 918s.

"Honey, you've been looking at the want ads for 25 years, why not just go and buy one." from the car as appliance person in my life for 38 years. She got a mink coat out of it without asking. One secret of those 38 years ... the other is earn enough to afford it.
when he starts looking at a Boxster, and his wife walks in on him.
I just got the go ahead today for a Ferrari 308. It took weeks of very touchy negotiation!
love it smiling smiley *NM*
Steve (Morro Bay) - Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, at 9:17:50 am
After years of 'practice'...
Mark from SC - Friday, 23 November, 2012, at 11:05:02 am
I started a recent conversation with 'Honey, I'm thinking about my next car being 'Old American Muscle', what do you think?'. She said 'NOOOO....Not an old car!'. So, we went back and forth for a while, telling her my thoughts on the old muscle cars, etc. Finally, I said, 'Ok, well, how about a Porsche, Twin Turbo...'. She said 'YES, YES, much better'.

We then went on 'arguing' (discussing) which car we would sell. I said 'How does somebody start a car collection, if they have to get rid of a car every time they want another one.'. Her response was 'You don't need a car collection.' My response was 'Nobody NEEDS a car collection'.

Anyway, at this point, I'm still with my two cars, but the Twin Turbo - going to keep working that angle. I point out Muscle Cars all the time - saying 'I like that one'....I think this might work! Hehehe!
I was on the fence, my wife talked me into the Boxster and we've NEVER regretted it!
Mine told me that if I wanted a Porsche, to get it. I listened to her and we have not regretted it. smileys with beer

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Ed Helms is a pisser! Love that guy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login