Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
SM told me parts came in by at least 3 different shippers: Fed Ex, UPS and one other trucking company.

Parts came in from mainly Alanta with at least one having to come from some place in Connecticut. I asked about the LA parts warehouse and was told it doesn't stock a lot of parts. Little things like filters and such and a few engines but most of the parts come from back east.

Since lifts at the dealer's service department in short supply (service department is rather busy) SM postponed the repair until all parts in house. Since the engine has to be torn down some to replace the VarioCam actuator the car can't be driven off and back on the lift. But all parts are in house and Friday morning when I checked in at the service department I was told to expect the car to be done Tuesday sometime.

Oh, went to make out a check to pay the Turbo's registration ($598) and noticed the 'fine print' on the notice. Smog check due! Glad I saw that. Will have to find someplace to have the Turbo smog checked early this week. Registration must be at least postmarked by 1/8/11.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
a changeover year in some areas of the car/engine and wrong parts order likely unless one deals with Porsches full time. No biggie.

Did get a chance to view engine internals, at least what is exposed by the removal of the passenger side exhaust system and camshaft cover.

I have pics, but will not post them just yet.

No wear showing on cam shaft lobes. Engine interior free of any sludge at all. Given teh usage and oil change frequency I didn't expect any. Scavage pump clear of any and I mean any trash. VarioCam adjuster guide rails look brand new.

Oh, the problem was an intermittently failing solenoid that when it failed to work would not of course switch the direction of high pressure oil to the right place to activate the VarioCam timing mechanism.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login