Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Winter washing idea (for any car)
Bobtesa - Wednesday, 9 January, 2013, at 9:35:53 am
My Boxster is under a carport and I drive it about every 2-3 days throughout the winter, not a daily driver so only on dry pavement days. This means that I have to wash it occasionally in cold weather. I have always had proper rubber boots, pants and top, but my hands get pretty cold. My wife and I snorkel (not divers), and we did some cold water snorkeling about two years ago. For this we bought some diving wear including gloves. I use the gloves when washing and they keep my hands from freezing. Just passing this idea long.
garage and out and use warm water to wash/rinse my cars in the winter.

The laundry room was just in front of the garage so the hose ran out the laundry room door and turned and went through the doorway from the house to the garage and then on out the garage to the driveway long enough to get behind the cars.
Re: Winter washing idea (for any car)
db997S - Wednesday, 9 January, 2013, at 12:52:21 pm
I use a pair of tight/form-fitting fabric gloves and then use those old-lady yellow rubber gloves (Playtex) for washing dishes. Depending on your age, you proably saw your mom wearing them while doing dishes when you were a kid. The most important part, however, is when you are done, to make sure that the hose if drained fully, if you leave it outside or in the garage. If it freezes, it takes a while in 40 degree weather to completely thaw. I've gotten everything ready to was the car only to not have a water source due to ice blockage in the hose.
One fine motivation for living in SoFL, and.....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 9 January, 2013, at 2:38:41 pm
....why Canadians come here every winter cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2013 02:40PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Done. *NM*
grant - Wednesday, 9 January, 2013, at 4:51:17 pm
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
smiling bouncing smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 11 January, 2013, at 12:33:44 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Winter washing-what I do!
tom coughlin - Wednesday, 9 January, 2013, at 10:46:04 pm
Unless my car is really dirty, I use a spray detailer. Not only does that eliminate the need for the hose which is frozen anyway, but if I do use the hose I have to wipe the car off or I get water spots (Lapis shows everything). With the detailer, I spray and wipe it off. Done.
But, I like Gary's method better!! Tom
But G Man does it by hand, himself winking smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 11 January, 2013, at 12:34:52 am
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 12:35AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login