Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Anyone with a PST2?
Jayusa123 - Wednesday, 13 February, 2013, at 1:14:33 am
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to install a new immobilizer into my 99 Boxster after the previous one took its last swim. The stealership wants $250 just to program the new one and I thought it might be worth a shot to mention it on the board. I don't have the IPAS codes yet, although I'm determined to find a dealer who will send them to me if I fax them my title. (Any recommendations?) I also still have the key codes, so I should still be able to use my keys. The big (and very important) missing piece is the PST2 (or PIWIS.)

Does anyone near Providence, RI have one? Is any PST2 owner outside New England willing to lend/rent theirs to me for a day or two. (I would naturally pay for insured shipping both ways.)

Please let me know, since I'd like to avoid the charge out of principle.

Thanks!
Jay
Re: Anyone with a PST2?
MauriceonLongIsland - Thursday, 14 February, 2013, at 6:30:11 pm
I have one in Long Island, New York.

You should also do some more research on programming the new immobilizer as I believe that it is a one shot deal. IIRC, if you get it wrong you can't "re-program" it to work.

Regards, Maurice.
Jayusa123 - Friday, 15 February, 2013, at 7:25:58 pm
I have heard that about these things. The reason I didn't buy a salvaged unit. Do you know of any resources that detail programming steps that I can review? Or are the steps outlined in the PST software itself?

Thanks!
Jay
Ir you find ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 16 February, 2013, at 7:36:58 am
... PST-II detailed steps, please let me know.
I've found sporadic and cryptic information on some service issues but too few.
The software is somewhat intuitively but there are some steps that if you get them wrong it'll cost you a pretty penny.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Ir you find ...
Jayusa123 - Monday, 18 February, 2013, at 9:54:34 pm
The best procedure documentation I've found for the replacement of the immobilizer is the 1/97 TSB 9093

It describes the entire process of coding the new immobilizer, and teaching it your key transponders and remotes.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a comprehensive manual of all the PST II procedures.

Jay
That type of programming...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 18 February, 2013, at 11:04:23 pm
... is very straightforward and takes you step by step.
What I'd like to see is a comprehensive manual for diagnostic.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Jayusa123 - Wednesday, 20 February, 2013, at 2:04:02 am
I sent you a PM, Maurice. I don't think board's email functions are working though, so you may not have been notified.

Thanks!
Jay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login