Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Windshield Wipers
jeff in VA - Tuesday, 4 January, 2011, at 7:41:34 pm
Its getting into winter and my wipers are shot. I'm going to run over the auto store and get some replacements. Any advice before I go?
Re: Windshield Wipers
Capt Ron - Tuesday, 4 January, 2011, at 9:54:32 pm
Buy new ones. The money you save on used wipers is seldom worth it.
jeff in VA - Thursday, 6 January, 2011, at 3:35:04 pm
db997S - Thursday, 6 January, 2011, at 10:29:38 am
No, not for wipers, but I'd suggest getting some RainX while you are at it. I never used it until I got my new car. The dealer put it or some equivalent on all the windows before I picked up my car. It's like wax for your windows. The rain beads up and blows right off and helps the wipers do their thing.
Like the RainX wipers.

In reality - new and pliable is the most important.

Grant
I go through wipers at least twice a year since I hate streaking windows.. Usually buy a top quality blade but also use Rain x window spray which tends to keep the windows cleaner and less streaky when raining.
My OE wipers tend to last quite a few years
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 6 January, 2011, at 8:59:03 pm
Still have the originals on my 06 Boxster. Of course, it doesn't get winter driven, where wipers tend to take a real beating.

I find cleaning the rubber inserts with a sponge and clean water when I wash the rest of the car helps to keep them working streak free. I'm a bit anal about clear vision when driving.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
mine too *NM*
grant - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 12:08:58 pm
The terrycloth can be worked into the blades' side grooves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login