Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Just bought the 05 S with 20K miles...
SeaNile - Wednesday, 5 January, 2011, at 6:45:18 pm
Pcar dealer who did the PPI said the car is flawless, shows no sign of damage, is well cared for and shows like brand new. If the timing works out the car will be picked up Saturday and I should receive it late Saturday afternoon.

Glad to own another Boxster S!!
Good for you! *NM*
MarcW - Wednesday, 5 January, 2011, at 6:47:10 pm
Re: Just bought the 05 S with 20K miles...
newt - Wednesday, 5 January, 2011, at 7:37:17 pm
Awesome! Permagrin on the way!
edco - Wednesday, 5 January, 2011, at 10:20:14 pm
Congratulations, I am sure that you will have many great times with it.
Wonderful!
dghii - Wednesday, 5 January, 2011, at 10:31:22 pm
I still think asking price was very fair. Our local dealer in Destin, FL has a grey 2005S with very low miles....
for $36,900!

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Usual options....Bose, heated seats, Xenon, colored crests, PCM w/o pasm. PPI showed like new tires and 70% brakes left and recent oil change. Hopefully this car is trouble free for many miles to come.
Congrats, it looks like a great deal!

Drive it in good health!

Regards, Maurice.
Wow, that sounds like a great deal! Enjoy it in good health!
See my other pastime at www.gothamcityracing.net
Bon Chance !! *NM*
JM-Stamford,CT - Thursday, 6 January, 2011, at 12:38:08 pm
dghii
had an 05 S with 30K miles, red/blk 6sp advertised for $24985.
Thanks. Enjoy your new car!

dghii
Re: Congrats - but post some pix or it didn't happen winking smiley
SeaNile - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 2:48:57 pm
Bank slowed down the process. Thought it would be loaded on the truck and I would have it Sunday but thanks to the clearing process I won't be able to wire the $$ till Tuesday or even Wednesday. If the transport goes well I should have the car late next week, With this Philadelphia weather I won't be driving the car for a while. I'll be looking for a nice car cover.

Here is a link to the car.

[www.bachmanchevrolet.com]
Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Weird...
Burg Boxster - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 3:21:54 pm
I just got an email response back from Phil Brown the manager there w/ a special buy it today price for your car? winking smiley j/k

Anyhow, I see she's coming from KY...

It's not a bank clearing problem, they just needed more time to round up 'nough fingers to count sooo high...

Make sure it comes w/ all it's teeth and that the brother-sister husband-wife original owners signed over the title properly.

Sure hope you didn't pull any fast math on the sales manager...

Two Kentuckians are walking down the street toward each other, and one is carrying a sack.
When they meet, one says, "Hey Billy Ray, what'cha got in th' bag?"
"Jus' some chickens." says Bobby Ray
"If I guesses how many they are, can I have one?" questions Billy Ray
"Shoot, ya guesses right and I'll give you both of them." replies Bobby Ray
"OK. Ummmmm . . . five?"

grinning smiley Enjoy your new car smileys with beer
And then there's
Laz - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 4:07:02 pm
Baravelli: You mean chocolate calomel. I like that too, but you no guess it. (Slams door. Wagstaff knocks again. Baravelli opens the peephole again.) Hey, whatsa matta? You no understand English? You can't come in here unless you say swordfish! Now, I give you one more guess.

Wagstaff: (thinking) Swordfish...swordfish...I think I got it! Is it swordfish?

Baravelli: Ha! That's it! You guess it!
This one should be a great car me for. This car, other than the adaptive seats (is that what they are called?) and the 19" wheels, is exactly like the one I had this time last year. Blk/Blk with all the same options. Talk about boring....this will be my 4th Blk/Blk color combo!
“Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
Re: Now I just need the weather to cooperate!
SeaNile - Monday, 10 January, 2011, at 7:01:32 pm
I guess the delivery at this point is all up the the weather and the impending snowstorm. Even if the car came tonight, the roads are so salty and dirty I wouldn't take the car out for a while anyway. It'll be fun to sit it in while in the garage!
Nashhorn - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 11:30:28 am
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine - 05 S Black on black. I bought Dec 26th 2009 with 32,600 mi from dealer in Nash. Changed oil at 6 months - just because wanted to - and did the side marker flasher hack - that's it. Have put 7,000 miles on it and keeping the Permagrin. Every time I get in it don't wanna get out. Think I'll change the oil again and maybe stay on a 6 mo schedule. Anyone say plugs should be changed at 40,000? Just wondering.
Hookem
service department and with the car's VIN ask what the plug change interval is.

Porsche has been known to change these intervals (and other service intervals as well) on occasion and you need the VIN to know what's current.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Finally, the car arrives tonight!!
SeaNile - Monday, 17 January, 2011, at 2:30:45 pm
About 7pm it should be here. The roads are still covered with salt and more snow is on the way tonight. I doubt the car will be driven anytime soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 02:31PM by SeaNile. (view changes)
Forget about the roads...does your camera work??? *NM*
dghii - Monday, 17 January, 2011, at 7:17:11 pm
dghii
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login