Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
grinning smiley grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley hot smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 1:32:24 pm
Re: grinning smiley grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley hot smiley
jwdbox - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 1:55:02 pm
Let me hazzard a guess- you have gotten CURVEN8R out of winter hibernation?cool smiley
Re: grinning smiley grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley hot smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 2:56:38 pm
jwdbox
Let me hazzard a guess- you have gotten CURVEN8R out of winter hibernation?cool smiley

smileys with beer

Took the cover off, adjusted tire pressures, disconnected the maintainer, slid into that comfy seat, fired up on the first turn of the key as if I'd just parked it last night. No fuss. ....although, I think I did hear a little "YIPEE, time to stretch my legs and play my favourite symphony." smiling bouncing smiley

CURENVE8R sounded and felt as good as 7 years and 7 days ago. I'd almost forgotten how short and crisp those throws of the shifter are. 40 degrees, sunshine, bun warmer, running a few curves, while conducting the Symphony in Flat 6. Life is good. It HAS been worth the wait. cool smiley
jwdbox - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 3:34:14 pm
Congrats Gman and welcome back to the land of Permagrin cool smiley
Congrats! See you at BRBS!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 10:42:35 pm
The southern CURVN8R awaits. I took her out for a top down NC mountain drive today - what a treat.
Re: Congrats! See you at BRBS!
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, at 7:50:48 am
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
The southern CURVN8R awaits. I took her out for a top down NC mountain drive today - what a treat.

Gee, how did you wrestle that PDK toy away from Dianne? winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Spring Time At Last!
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, at 7:11:58 pm
The Blue Box came out of storage Sunday and as it was 70-degrees, we went for our first drive. It was great. I had forgotten how much it is to pull away from traffic as if they are standing still, and driving thru curves as if they were not there.

Monday I had a work car, but have started DDing my car as of today. It was 80-degrees when I drove home. Whoopee! thumbs upthumbs up

Barkley, who loves to go for rides, pulled the car out of the barn for me. Even driving it a few feet gave her a permagrin. smiling smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 07:12PM by KevinR-MedinaOhio. (view changes)
Hah! *NM*
Boxsterra - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 8:57:10 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Only for grauches. winking smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 6:16:15 pm
Besides, I'd love to have the recent "cold spell" that Florida experienced. I could survive 60 degrees in Winter.

Reminds me. You never did take me up on my invitation to come up in February. Maybe a bit chilly for you. winking smiley Too bad, because it wasn't that cold. Only dropped below 0 a couple of times this year. smoking smiley
A couple of coats of wax and you'd be good to go grinning smiley

It's a wonder that any cars survive the winter up there. I was waiting for you to send me an airline ticket. Thanks for not sending it. winking smiley

Airline ticket? I thought you wanted to bring your new ride up here and drive it on True Grit roads as part of the break-in procedure.
Guenter in Ontario
Airline ticket? I thought you wanted to bring your new ride up here and drive it on True Grit roads as part of the break-in procedure.

Canada in February....what is wrong with you drinking smiley

It's Southern Canada smiling smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, at 10:40:52 am
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: It's Southern Canada smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, at 11:07:11 am
You're absolutely correct Pedro. What some people don't realize is that the southern tip of Ontario is at the same latitude as northern California.
Gary in SoFL

Canada in February....what is wrong with you drinking smiley

Nothing wrong at all. Just some people from the south who seem relucted to enjoy our invigorating climate. winking smiley

That's Switzerland (not to be confused with Little Switzerland). FYI it's actually located in Europe. winking smiley

But I do drive my Boxster here. Just not in winter. In fact, I drive I drive mine more in 8 months a year, than you drive yours in 12 months. Guess those frigid 60 degree days are a little tough to take for some Floridians. winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario

But I do drive my Boxster here. Just not in winter. In fact, I drive I drive mine more in 8 months a year, than you drive yours in 12 months. winking smiley

That's because:

1) You've got to go 100 miles to get anywhere up in the frozen tundra.
2) There isn't anything else to do up there.
3) Michelle encourages you to get out of the house all the time.
4) Without a job, you've got lots of free time on your hands.
5) You haven't developed other creative hobbies.
6) Weekly runs to Porsche dealerships add up quickly.
7) You can't wax and clean your Boxster all the time.
8) Frequent excursions to civilization, aka the USA.

......and like that winking smiley

Gary in SoFL
Guenter in Ontario

But I do drive my Boxster here. Just not in winter. In fact, I drive I drive mine more in 8 months a year, than you drive yours in 12 months. winking smiley

That's because:

1) You've got to go 100 miles to get anywhere up in the frozen tundra.
2) There isn't anything else to do up there.
3) Michelle encourages you to get out of the house all the time.
4) Without a job, you've got lots of free time on your hands.
5) You haven't developed other creative hobbies.
6) Weekly runs to Porsche dealerships add up quickly.
7) You can't wax and clean your Boxster all the time.
8) Frequent excursions to civilization, aka the USA.

......and like that winking smiley

Gary, you missed:
9) Canadians still live in forts
10) Canadians snow ski in summer and live in igloos as cottages.
11) It's obvious that Gary's never been north of the Canadian border

You really should come up for a visit. It would be a real eye opener for you. I'd even take time off from my work (wish your #4 was true) to show you around.

PS. Don't forget your skis if you come in July and August. You'll need them as soon as you cross the border at Buffalo or Detroit. winking smiley
Re: grinning smiley grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley hot smiley - SAME HERE
EricG - Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, at 6:02:41 pm
Yesterday night was my first drive around ! smiling smiley

Pretty much the same story, unplug the maintainer, start on first try and off we go.

I couldn't get the top down, still a little chilly, but I spent a good 45min with the windows down listening to the symphony !

There was a little vibration in the steering wheel for the first 20min, I have a feeling the tires got a little flat spotted from the winter in the garage. Could this be possible ?

It seems to have gone away now.

Too bad the forecast for the next 5 days sucks ! It will be another week without this pleasure !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 06:03PM by EricG. (view changes)
Re: grinning smiley grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley hot smiley hot smiley - SAME HERE
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, at 6:31:11 pm
Yes. Tires can flat spot. I pump mine up to 55 lb and drive it up on 4 styrofoam pieces. That seems to pretty much eliminate flat spotting. I just had a slight vibration the first couple of minutes and then it was gone.
m4240z - Wednesday, 10 April, 2013, at 8:29:18 am
Guenter -- don't get too excited. Freezing rain and freezing temperatures in Southern Ontario for the next few days.....

I had my car away for almost two years due to a blown engine. I got the car, rebuilt engine and all last week, and it is remarkable how special the flat 6 in midship really is. That, and a fresh pair of rear tires....
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 10 April, 2013, at 9:33:02 am
Ah yes. I'm quite aware of the stuff Mother Nature is sending us. sad smiley On the other hand, as soon as it's gone by (hoping it's not bad enough for them to put down more salt), the CURVEN8R will be ready to go on a moment's notice. smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login