Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Front plate mounting kit
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans) - Tuesday, 16 April, 2013, at 2:37:29 pm
In a couple of weeks I'll be flying down to Arizona to pick up a 2010 base Boxster. More about that when I get back home to Minneapolis. Minnesota requires a front plate, and the car I am buying thankfully has no holes drilled in the bumper. I wonder if anyone has experience positive or negative with the kit shown here?

[www.ebay.com]
Re: Front plate mounting kit
Eric (Plug Guy) - Tuesday, 16 April, 2013, at 9:30:18 pm
We have something in trails now that would be very slick, does NOT use the tow plug, and is in place now on a few Porsche vehicles. We hope to have testing complete in the next few weeks.

Email me anytime: eric@bumperplugs.com

Once testing is complete, we will know which models are applicable and pricing, etc. Thanks.
Re: Front plate mounting kit
MN 986 - Thursday, 18 April, 2013, at 11:00:04 pm
Bumperplugs has great products (I have a couple of them), but also check out Skene Design mount (google it). I am also in Minnesota and I found a AerokitII front bumper a couple years ago with no holes drilled and I couldn't even consider drilling into it myself. I bought the Skene mount and painted it black and it is ready to install, but so far I have run it without the front plate. Pulled over twice but no ticket yet,,,, It is a well made product.
I ordered the kit from their website rather than from ebay. There is a lightened version with more mounting options not shown on the ebay link. I will give a short review after the kit is installed. Running without the front plate is not an option for me. My wife will also be driving the car and she doesn't want to risk being stopped.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login