Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Why I do as much of my own car service as possible. **NBC**
r9i8c7k - Thursday, 6 January, 2011, at 8:34:26 pm
Ran an errand today and came across this '08-'09 Audi A8 what appeared to be having the rear passenger's side brake checked at an Audi dealership. I watched him put the car on the lift; remove the tire, then lean the tire against the car door panel. Maybe you have to spend Bentley money, car to the right, to get the preferred service?

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
I saw a car fall off a lift at a dealer one day
frogster - Thursday, 6 January, 2011, at 10:10:23 pm
The mechanics were laughing. All of this was visible from the customer area. Unbelievable.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
That's an Audi dealership ??
Roger987 - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 8:59:45 am
Wow. A far cry from the pristine Porsche and BMW service bays I've come across.

BTW, I have no Audi experience.
Are you sure it wasn't an indy that serviced Audis?
Re: That's not like any Audi dealership that I've been at.
r9i8c7k - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 8:40:52 pm
It is not an "Indy" Audi Shop. It is an actual Audi dealership. In fact as I was taking the photo, to my left, they were unloading off the truck some new Audi vehicles including a beautiful blue TT. I am not listing the dealerships name because I am not looking to get the guy in trouble for his mistake in leaning the tire against the car. In fact, numerous of his co-workers walked by and saw it and said nothing. I just wanted to remind my friends here at PPBB about what goes on at service stations, including dealerships, and to always inspect your vehicle immediately when picking it up after service regardless of who does the work.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
I find that as opposed to dealers, indies...
grant - Saturday, 8 January, 2011, at 9:53:10 am
...care about their customers and work to keep their loyalty.

Dealers, on the other hand, are almost universally arrogant and careless.

They have white jackets, and cappuccino machines, but in the back, they cut corners everywhere.

IME Audi are the worst offenders.

Grant
Well geez, what did you...
Burg Boxster - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 2:54:35 pm
want him to do - put it on the ground and risk getting the tire dirty? eye rolling smiley Gosh, he was just trying to prevent the wheel from getting scratched by falling over on it's face. eye rolling smiley

"Insurance regulations" is mostly just a cover for why shops don't allow customers in (or usually to even see) cars being worked on. Well, unless they're referring to their life insurance coverage for mechanics who would otherwise have the living shit choked out of them if customers actually saw this kind of stuff happening to their vehicles... grinning smiley

Aside from the adjacent Bentley, the shop looks awfully dark to be a high end dealership...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 02:57PM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
And no, I don't mean anyone here. We all have inquisitive, enthusiastic attitudes as far as I can tell.
I'm not doubting you. I've just never seen an Audi dealership garage which looks that small. Very surprising.

I'm also hoping my post didn't sound negative toward indys because I think there are really good ones out there. Just somehow, this shop doesn't look like one of the good ones.

Good point about always checking your car before you leave. Not everyone thinks about doing that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login