Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Gman's pulled the trigger !!!!
Roger987 - Friday, 17 May, 2013, at 11:30:15 am
Let me guess - 981S, GT silver, black partial leather, PASM, bi-Xenon's, heated power seats, headlight washers, row, row, row-your-own shifter, chrome exhaust tip..

I assume you're trading. Will the dealer let you keep your Lloyds matts?
Re: Gman's pulled the trigger !!!!
jwdbox - Friday, 17 May, 2013, at 11:39:27 am
Congrats!!! Now give us the details on CURVEN8R2 hot smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 17 May, 2013, at 12:24:18 pm
Roger987
Let me guess - 981S, GT silver, black partial leather, PASM, bi-Xenon's, heated power seats, headlight washers, row, row, row-your-own shifter, chrome exhaust tip..

Boy, have I got you fooled.

991 coupe, triple black, Infotainment package with Burmester High-End Surround Sound System, 18 way power seats, Power steering plus, Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS), PDK.
db997S - Friday, 17 May, 2013, at 12:49:59 pm
Nice choice/combo. The 991 is a real head turner. But, be prepared to get flamed by those on the board who think you are just a sports-car wannabe/poser--Power steering plus, PAS, cruisee, stereo, and God forbid PDK. Based on a discussion earlier in the week, if you have a new Porsche and don't track it, you are not a real man or sports car driver. That mindset thinks if it's not set up for the track (roll cage, five-point harness, stiffer shocks/springs, etc.--why buy a Porsche. I find that funny because Porshe originally created his cars to be used around town and on the track, right off the dealer's lot. I came into that discussion earlier in the week too late to post so I'm highjacking your post to vent.

Your automatic is showing winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Or this one..

Just kidding. Congratulations Guenter! I look forward to seeing it next year at BRBS.

Dave

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 17 May, 2013, at 3:53:45 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Roger987

Boy, have I got you fooled.

991 coupe, triple black, Infotainment package with Burmester High-End Surround Sound System, 18 way power seats, Power steering plus, Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS), PDK.

The way Gman flings nickels around like they're manhole covers....not likely cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2013 03:56PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Oops
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 18 May, 2013, at 9:17:55 am
It appears that after re-reading the description of my new car that I might have made several ..ahemm typos? eye popping smiley winking smiley

I guess Roger does know me after all.

OK, it is a 981. Beyond that, I won't say anything for a couple of days. A few of my Boxster Fun Run buddies are having a little contest right now. Since some of them frequent the board, I don't want to give anything away. smiling smiley

For anyone that cares, I'll post details on Thursday.

Triple black coupe. Is there such a thing? winking smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 11:09AM by Roger987. (view changes)
Re: Oops
MikenOH - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 7:09:56 am
Guenter in Ontario
It appears that after re-reading the description of my new car that I might have made several ..ahemm typos? eye popping smiley winking smiley

I guess Roger does know me after all.

OK, it is a 981. Beyond that, I won't say anything for a couple of days. A few of my Boxster Fun Run buddies are having a little contest right now. Since some of them frequent the board, I don't want to give anything away. smiling smiley

For anyone that cares, I'll post details on Thursday.

Triple black coupe. Is there such a thing? winking smiley

All is for given--just an honest mistakesmiling bouncing smiley

Triple black on a 991--vinyl top?
Re: Oops
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 10:43:28 am
MikenOH

Triple black on a 991--vinyl top?

Yup, I guess that would be a possibility. grinning smiley

Still. Not high on my gotta have list. smoking smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
Congratulations Guenter, I hope you
DougW - Saturday, 18 May, 2013, at 6:03:12 am
didn't forget the extra cupholders and Adaptive Cruise Control to go along with the PDKsmiling smiley
Can't wait to see it!
Geez....it took loooooong enough smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Saturday, 18 May, 2013, at 4:23:58 pm
Congratulations
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans) - Sunday, 19 May, 2013, at 8:30:54 am
The anticipation is a big part of the fun.
You'll be getting
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 8:03:01 pm
a beautiful car. Saw my first two 981s in the wild this week in Munich. They really looked upscale and I had to look twice to be sure they weren't a much higher priced variant like a 918 or turbo.

Really surprised at how few Boxsters I saw in Budapest (0), Vienna (0), and Prague (0). 5 total in Munich and this was 3 days each and in the center city in each case. Enormous amounts of 4 door P-cars in each. And only 2 911s till I got to Munich. More M-cars and F-cars which surprised. As did the number of taxis with the P-car badge (mostly Cayannes). Not a single 924 or 928 spotted. 2 air-cooled 911s in total. I had to do something while my wife looked at old buildings.

And saw the ugliest Porsche I ever saw, shiny gold Pana as in gold leaf. Hope you choose a different color.

Visited the BMW museum. Visiting friends of 42+ years , it was their choice. Well presented. Only surprise was matte is now an available color option, reminded me of a car still in primer. Huge complex with admin building, factory, museum and delivery building. Your car is on a turntable and it revolves to you after lunch in the fancy dining room. Extra cost option for factory delivery. Surprised at how many automatics were in the museum. A few Rolls too.
can't wait to see the pics *NM*
newt - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 8:24:16 pm
Although, gotta admit that my wait isn't quite as intense as yours since I still have my Boxster.to drive while I'm waiting.
I think I'm going to need more than 1 beer
Joanne in OC - Friday, 24 May, 2013, at 9:28:12 pm
Just got a call today. Originally told approximate delivery will be end of July or early August. Now the estimated delivery is August 15. But I'm sure it'll be later than that . Just have to keep dreaming and bumming rides from my Porsche friends.
Joanne in OC
Just got a call today. Originally told approximate delivery will be end of July or early August. Now the estimated delivery is August 15. But I'm sure it'll be later than that . Just have to keep dreaming and bumming rides from my Porsche friends.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Frustrating in the mean time. 2 Boxster beers it is.

What was your build date?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
beer requirement is skyrocketting.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login