Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
918 SUPER CARS, on the highway
BOB W - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 8:47:17 pm
I Was traveling from the Chicago O Hare airport to Shaumberg Illinois and saw these two beauties. When we approached I noticed the exhaust sticking out top of the rear end and in a few seconds realized what I was looking at.

We drove up to them and took a few photos on my I-phone. They looked like a million bucks!!

Amazing lines, and from the rear end , very interesting. When they saw me taking photos one of them accelerated at an amazing rate and then slowed down just as fast.

Both cars looked to be WRAPPED and one of them had some road rash,, they looked to be test mules for sure.. .
Really a treat to see these cars,, they are amazing ...

]PORSCHE 918[/url]

BOB W
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 20 May, 2013, at 9:55:13 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Found this photo of the cars in what looks to be the development lab.

Notice the car number 01 in the middle of the photo,, same as one of the cars I captured in Chicago..]918 AT POINT OF ORIGIN[/url]
cool!
Steve (Morro Bay) - Tuesday, 21 May, 2013, at 7:47:16 pm
this video/tour of the 918 showed up last week.

[youtu.be]
I wanted to hear more about the power/mass ratio
Steve (Morro Bay) - Wednesday, 22 May, 2013, at 10:35:21 am
His question of why not do it without the electric component may make sense if you went by power/mass. I tried the numbers he gave and got 0.541 or 0.554 hp/kg with the electric motor compared to 0.555 hp/kg without. To me, the answer is just what you said, it's an experiment. For all the numbers discussed, I don't remember any mention of the difference in emissions. I wonder if that would be hard to pin down for a track car. Anyhow, lucky guy to get these hosted test drives. Note to Porsche, keep your developers/staff out of the promotional videos. I could almost feel the porsche guy clenching his ass every time Haris said or did anything even remotely interesting.
Lucky catch! *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 22 May, 2013, at 9:14:43 am
Looks like a million bucks, you say?
Eric (Plug Guy) - Wednesday, 22 May, 2013, at 3:40:41 pm
A mere $800,000 maybe. smoking smiley
MORE THAN A MILLION BUCKS
BOB W - Wednesday, 22 May, 2013, at 7:23:50 pm
OK TWO FOR 1.6 MILLION?

What is the lease payment on that ??

Lets see,,

His and her 918.. just in time for BRBS!!

Zero Down
36 months
50% residual after 36 months

Lease $1,600,000.00 1
Lease Payment $23,046.37 36 Monthly
Lease Residual $900,000.00 1
or a vinyl wrap that would convert my booster? winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login