Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
drive it over the weekend to give the car and engine a bit of a shake down.

Cost is a bit over $1600. This includes an oil/filter service. I will have a break down over the weekend along with some pics of the engine exposed.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Looking forward to the pics
Rob in CO - Friday, 7 January, 2011, at 11:12:58 pm
My '01S has a fraction of the miles that your '02 has seen but I am curious to see how the inside of an M96 engine holds up with timely and proper but not fanatical service. I have never had a car go less than 150K and have had a couple go well over 200K. They weren't Porsches (this is my first) but good maintenance habits apply to any vehicle.

I wish you many more happy miles with your Boxster (and the turbo as well).
reappear. So I took the car back to the dealership and will drop off the key Monday and have this looked into. Again.

In the meantime, driving the Turbo and west bound on I-580 through of Livermore the other day and a rock flew up and put a nice nearly 1/2" star shaped crack in the windshield right in front of me and a few inches below eyelevel.

That damned I-580 west bound... I've been on upaved roads with less gravel and rocks. That section of road has cost me two windshields: One in the Boxster and the one in the Turbo, though the crack is not bad enough to require replacement yet I'm sure it will only be a matter of time.

Sincerely,

Macster.
to eliminate wiring/connector possibilities before tearing into the engine. I was assured the actuator was bad. This can be exercised by one of the diagnostics drive links provided by PST2. The tech told me the actuator was intermittently bad. (At the time I thought this suggested a wiring/electrical problem, but I'm not the expert.)

Now it could be the new actuator is bad. That's why new parts come with a 2 year warranty.

Or it could be a misdiagnosis and it is a wiring problem or a connector problem.

I left the car at the dealer's Saturday night. Then today, this AM I ran into the service manager at a local gas station. Said hi and then I mentioned about the car and it still exhibiting the same symptoms for which I had the car and then dropped the key to the car in his hand.

Expect to hear something later today.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login