Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
driver's seat squeak
boxsterd - Saturday, 8 January, 2011, at 1:17:18 am
Hi,
If I rock back and forth while seated with my back against the seat there is a very noticeable squeak. I tried spraying WD-40 under the seat and the squeak goes away for a few days before coming back. Any tips on how I can get permanently get rid of the squeak short of taking the seat apart and putting it back together? TIA.
Re: driver's seat squeak
MauriceonLongIsland - Saturday, 8 January, 2011, at 1:19:11 pm
Since WD-40 worked for a few days, what you need to make the repair more permanent is a spray can of Wurth HHS-2000 (which I think has now been superseded by HHK, but is still widely available).

It's a little pricey but a can will last a long time and the lubricant can't be beat for long lasting lubrication. The liquid spray sets up into a sort of grease which does not evaporate and resists being washed away, etc...

Try it, your ears will like it. winking smiley

Regards, Maurice.
Wayne K - Monday, 10 January, 2011, at 1:31:39 pm
The Wurth product mentioned is great stuff and if you get the right spot it should do the fix. I get a squeak whenever that little felt pad on the backside of the plastic piece where the seat back connects to the seat bottom gets out of position(outboard side of seat). I push it such that the plastic is clear of any moving parts and the squeak is gone. Just another place to look. This is on my 02 S.
boxsterd - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 1:51:48 pm
It's fixed! I never did find that little felt pad as you described, but in the process of looking for it, I forwardclined the driver's seat all the way to the front, then reclined it back to it's normal position, and voila, the squeak is gone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login