Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Sold my Z3 for the asking price. Good pictures, many, not taken with a cell phone camera, are very helpful.
Goodbye old friend sad smiley *NM*
Naples986 - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 9:28:53 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Have you checked? confused smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 3:06:10 pm
Well played, and done.... thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 3:28:20 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Nice pictures,
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 8:53:50 pm
Thanks, Steve. I think the Boxster is such a beautiful looking car. It's a joy taking pictures of them. It's such a timeless design. Even a well maintained '97 still looks modern, unlike a lot of other cars.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Well, it's official. The CURVEN8R is up for sale.
Roger987 - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 2:14:10 pm
Bittersweet, indeed.
Roger987
Bittersweet, indeed.

That's why I've dragged my feet on selling it this long. Wish I could keep it, but just can't afford and have the room for 2 Porsches. Hoping I can find someone that will appreciate just a great a car it is.

New one has left the factory.
Re: Well, it's official. The CURVEN8R is up for sale.
Roger987 - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 4:27:45 pm
Although CURVEN8R will leave your garage, like your Karmann Ghia she will never leave your heart. And that's ok; there will be room in your heart for both.

Your 981 will stand on her own two feet, and do a great job of it. She isn't a replacement for CURVEN8R; but a successor.
Roger987
Although CURVEN8R will leave your garage, like your Karmann Ghia she will never leave your heart. And that's ok; there will be room in your heart for both.

Your 981 will stand on her own two feet, and do a great job of it. She isn't a replacement for CURVEN8R; but a successor.

Thanks Roger. That's probably very true.

Thinking back, I've never actually sold a car because I wanted to get rid of the one I had. Usually, it was that my needs changed. Most of my cars, I've kept between 125 and 150K miles, so the Boxster, at 66K miles feels like I've just broken it in. The need this time is just to extend my future manual time. cool smiley

I just know that whoever gets this one, is getting a terrific sports car.
Really????? It left the factory?!?!!!!!
Joanne in OC - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 5:53:09 pm
Now I'm even more jealous...... I ordered mine long before you

CONGRATUATIONS!!!!

BTW, I just may take you up on the offer to drive smiling smiley

Joanne
Re: Really????? It left the factory?!?!!!!!
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 6:06:02 pm
Joanne in OC
Now I'm even more jealous...... I ordered mine long before you

CONGRATUATIONS!!!!

BTW, I just may take you up on the offer to drive smiling smiley

Joanne

That's what the salesman emailed me yesterday. It must be sitting in their lot because Monday, it's scheduled to be transported to the shipping yards at Emden. The salesman has been pretty good about emailing me updates.
WOW ..... That's great smiling smiley smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 6:27:17 pm
But, can we really call you a waiter? You haven't really waitedsmileys with beer

Joanne
Re: WOW ..... That's great smiling smiley smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 21 June, 2013, at 7:34:02 pm
Joanne in OC
But, can we really call you a waiter? You haven't really waitedsmileys with beer

Joanne

That's very true about not really being a waiter. cool smiley It really has been mixed feelings. I love the car I've got and will be sorry to let it go. On the other hand, I don't want to be in a position a year, 2 or 3 down the road, who knows, and want to get a new Boxster and find out I can't get one with a manual anymore. Twice I've already switched car companies because they no longer offered a manual in the type of car I wanted.

At least you're lucky, because once you get your car, you'll be able to drive it all year long. For me, the next 3 months are prime convertible time. After that, it starts going down hill until I have to put it away.

Yours will be here before you know it.
I thought you're not supposed to track a new Porsche until it's broken in.
Re: Get the ship's name and track it... hmm... track.
m4240z - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 8:34:15 am
I thought he was suggesting you track the ship. Which is interesting.
m4240z
I thought he was suggesting you track the ship. Which is interesting.

I believe that's exactly what Laz is suggesting. All you need to know is the name of the ship. I'm hoping to have that info in the next day or so. Not sure at which point the ship name enters the Porsche tracking system.

Here's one place to track a ship.
[www.marinetraffic.com]
That's the link. It's fun. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 11:12:12 am
Not much info there.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 11:29:20 am
Doesn't even tell you what the captain had for breakfast.
As long as it isn't booze. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 12:07:40 pm
Re: Not much info there.
MikenOH - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 12:40:37 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Doesn't even tell you what the captain had for breakfast.

IIRC, the freebie tracker just gives you basic info--course/speed from the port where it departed until it exits the vessel locating system (SW tip of the UK?) . From there it seemed to go into a black whole--no real time position reports--until it got with say 500 miles of NA.

Not much data for sure, but enough for Roger to time his arrival at the dock when the vessel is unloaded and perform his pre-delivery inspection which includes the mandatory test drive. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 12:44PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Does this work for San Diego also?
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 12:48:02 pm
Will my car go to San Diego all the way by ship (maybe that's why I have to wait so long)? Or do they go to the east coast then bring it across the country?
Re: Does this work for San Diego also?
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 5:57:04 pm
Not sure how much longer it would take for the ship to reach San Diego. I'm guessing an extra 7 - 10 days more to go south and through the Panama Canal and then back north, compared to east coast arrival. Sheesh!, by they time your car gets to San Diego, it will have gone far enough for it to be broken in. grinning smiley
Joanne, do you have a production date yet?
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 5:59:12 pm
My salesman emailed me the week before mine went into production.
no.... they didn't give me a date
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 8:47:14 pm
Last thing he was that it was arriving in San Diego on August 18 and will take10 days to get To LA. Then said"I'll see you Then end of August." I had a feeling he isn't going to call me until the car arrives
Re: no.... they didn't give me a date
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 25 June, 2013, at 9:03:50 pm
The dealer can log into the system and check the status of the vehicle. It's dependent on updates, but the salesman can tell within a couple of days when the car goes into production, when it's done and when it goes to tne shipping yards. At least those are the check points my salesman emailed me about.

Give him a call and flash him you smile.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
BTW, outside shot of Rhodium Silver...nice blue 'hue' winking smiley
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 10:35:14 am

I agree with you, Gary
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 10:52:47 am
It looks pretty close to Arctic Silver. If I'd know, I'd have gone with Rhodium.

According to the configurator, Rhodium Silver looks quite a bit darker than GT Silver and none of the dealers I visited had a Rhodium silver sample ( still don't as of a week ago). So, I played it safe and went with GT Silver. Except for the price, I'm happy with it. That's the colour Porsche uses to introduce it's new cars. I can live with that. cool smiley

Besides, if I hadn't spent the money on GT Silver, I might have spent it something silly like PDK. winking smiley
That would have been worse than silly..... grinning smiley
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 12:02:04 pm
Guenter in Ontario

Besides, if I hadn't spent the money on GT Silver, I might have spent it something silly like PDK. winking smiley

It depends on the dealer
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 10:44:55 am
At a couple of the big Toronto dealers with lots of Porsche potential clients, Boxster build slots are about 3 months down the road from order date, delivery about 1 month after that. The dealer I bought from is still trying to build its volume. We completed the deal on May 16th and they still had one Boxster S changeable build slot for June production. Car went into production June 9th and is now sitting in Emden shipping yards. Salesman is going to let me know when it's assigned to or loaded onto a ship and he'll email me the ship's name so I can track it.
Interesting....getting close G-man smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 11:22:52 am
Re: It depends on the dealer
MikenOH - Wednesday, 26 June, 2013, at 1:07:41 pm
Guenter in Ontario
At a couple of the big Toronto dealers with lots of Porsche potential clients, Boxster build slots are about 3 months down the road from order date, delivery about 1 month after that. The dealer I bought from is still trying to build its volume. We completed the deal on May 16th and they still had one Boxster S changeable build slot for June production. Car went into production June 9th and is now sitting in Emden shipping yards. Salesman is going to let me know when it's assigned to or loaded onto a ship and he'll email me the ship's name so I can track it.

That's about how ours worked last fall; the dealer had several slots available in late October when we placed our order in late September.
Delivery was about 4 weeks after the build; 8 weeks from order submission to delivery--not bad for a low production car built overseas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login