Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I received a call from my mother today. She asked me when my Boxster will be arriving. Informed her the end of August. She the proceeded to tell me of her plans. She wants to visit my brother in Phoenix (she lives in Melbourne, Fl). To get to there, she wants to come to SoCal and then ride in the Boxster to Phoenix. I reminded her that it would be a 5 hour drive. She said, "That's ok, the car stops, doesn't it?" Then went on to explain that yes, the car does have brakes that work very well..... She then said that was good and that we will only go to Phoenix for 1-2 days. I'm not quite sure of the significance of the short trip, other than to ride in the Boxster.

She's been telling all of her friends of the great time she had at BRBS, the very nice people and of course, the rides.

This did not happen with my first Boxster. I would take her for a ride (had to be short). I think she got scared, but she wasn't afraid in North Carolina. In fact she really enjoyed the drive. She said she now realizes how safe the car is and the exhilaration smiling smiley

Joanne
We really enjoyed your mom! Hope she decides to come again!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
She enjoyed meeting you both as well
Joanne in OC - Sunday, 23 June, 2013, at 1:43:49 am
She did tell me she won't be going back next year. She actually told me BRBS was going to be her last trip. This is such a surprise to me that she wants to do another trip.

Joanne
Well, I can just imagine your mom's next phone call. "Joanne, guess what! I just bought a Boxster. I'll be out to see you in a week." grinning smiley Guess you came by your genes honestly. smiling smiley What a great lady she is. She sure has terrific taste in cars.

Better start planning that Phoenix trip. cool smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
But be sure to go over 60mph, ..... she doesn't like slow!
Yes, I will for sure
Joanne in OC - Sunday, 23 June, 2013, at 1:41:12 am
I don't think I'd hear the end of it if I didn't....... But what I don't think she realizes is that 5 hours on the I-10, which is a very straight road, will not be as exciting as the twisty fun roads of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I might have to find some roads for a detour smiling smiley

Since I'll be getting the PDK, I could even let her drive for a very short distance on a straight road.

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login