Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Mesh grill covers for 981
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 6:28:00 pm
Has anyone come across a source for mesh grill covers for the 981? There seem to be a number of places that have them for 986 and 987. Only one I could find that has them for 981 is Zunsport. Pretty pricey.

Hmmmmm. Wonder if there's such a thing as TechnoMesh? winking smiley
Re: Mesh grill covers for 981
MikenOH - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 6:35:04 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Has anyone come across a source for mesh grill covers for the 981? There seem to be a number of places that have them for 986 and 987. Only one I could find that has them for 981 is Zunsport. Pretty pricey.

There was a guy in Columbus working on a set for the 981; I'll check if he's done anything with it.

BTW, I saw a video on Motorweek on a father/daughter team that drives their Cayman at Autobahn racetrack in IL. In that video, they showed their car on the car with some mesh inserts that partially covered the front radiator openings but not completely--made me think it was an alternative to a complete shield that might affect the cooling system.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 6:44:09 pm
MikenOH

There was a guy in Columbus working on a set for the 981; I'll check if he's done anything with it.

BTW, I saw a video on Motorweek on a father/daughter team that drives their Cayman at Autobahn racetrack in IL. In that video, they showed their car on the car with some mesh inserts that partially covered the front radiator openings but not completely--made me think it was an alternative to a complete shield that might affect the cooling system.

I think that's porschemesh. I sent them an email and got a response back to say they haven't got them for the 981 yet.
HOLY SMOKES !!!
Roger987 - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 8:01:18 pm
Gman, it hasn't yet crossed the Atlantic and already you're pimpin' your ride.

It's a slippery slope - soon you'll be searching for a pair of these bad-ass accessories for your sport steering wheel. grinning smiley

Re: HOLY SMOKES !!!
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 8:10:15 pm
I doubt the come in GT silver, so I'll have to pass on those. grinning smiley

Just trying to protect the radiators and keep out the debris. This one might have to last me forever if Porsche ends up going totally you-know-what.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
As if pink isn't your colour. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out *NM*
Roger987 - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 8:18:45 pm
Actually, that's fuchscia.
Laz - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 8:41:23 pm
Dave In MD - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 9:30:38 pm
Guenter in Ontario

Hay Guenter, I don't know about the status of "TechnoMesh", but these guys have been around for a while: Porsche Mesh

I'm guessing they should have one in the pipe line. I haven't used them, but got their name from a couple of folks who recommended them. Might be worth a call.

Dave

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 9:48:41 pm
Thanks Dave. I emailed them they don't have any for the 981 yet.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
DIY
boxster99 - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 10:17:47 pm
Check out home depot for gutter cover section. It cost about $2.50 a piece, I bought one and it fits perfectly for my honda accord 03.

What can I say? I am cheap smileys with beer

Tony
Re: DIY
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 3 July, 2013, at 10:31:07 pm
boxster99
Check out home depot for gutter cover section. It cost about $2.50 a piece, I bought one and it fits perfectly for my honda accord 03.

What can I say? I am cheap smileys with beer

Tony

Thanks. I'll check that out. Not sure it would be wide enough.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
you are going to need to remove the bumper cover anyway and that's half the work. For about $10.00 (US) you can buy the mesh at any hardware store and just trim it to the size of the opening, a couple of screws to hold it in place and your done. I did it to my Boxster last year and it looks just like the photos on Porsche Mesh. This year after BRBS I decided to change colors and painted the mesh black so it blends in and is less noticeable. Good Luck G the finger smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login