Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Well this just sux....
John B in SC - Monday, 10 January, 2011, at 4:16:53 pm
We're not supposed to get this junk down here in the sunny south! Wound up with about 6"'s and now getting some light freezing rain to top it off. Had to shut the plant down at 1 - couldn't keep the few employees who showed up there any longer. Needless to say, no 2nd or 3rd shift. We'll try for a late start tomorrow at 10 and hope some folks show up. YUCK !!!

At least the cars are clean, covered, warm and happy.

See my other pastime at www.gothamcityracing.net
So are you saying
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 10 January, 2011, at 5:22:00 pm
you don't like s**w?

That does look like quite a bit for SC. eye rolling smiley
Got 5" OTP Atlanta yesterday....
jg wnc - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 8:28:06 am
Good news is that I can work from home. We are just hunkering down until this stuff goes away.
Same here
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 9:24:41 am
My dreive way and the neighborhood road is at least an inch of solid ice! I can take snow - but no way on ice!
Wish I had the option
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 8:08:38 pm
I'm in charge of the roads and every 3 hours of daylight during and after a storm I tour all the roads and report back to the neighbors on the conditions. Made for some harry driving this AM. Patches that were dry and then patches of ice. Even with great new all seasons, 4WD and 5MPH I'd slide and then just pick my dry spot to check my speed on some hills. Plus then you have to make the call when to call in sand trucks (no salt available here). Sometimes you waste money, sometimes you get it right. At 4 this afternoon a light mist was falling and it was going down to 24 tonight. Spend or not? I choose to. Then the mist immediately stopped. I'll have to wait till tomorrow first light before seeing if I was right or if it was a complete waste of money...of which there is a limited supply.
Re: Wish I had the option
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 10:55:58 pm
Freezing drizzle or rain is really bad. I hope you've seen the last of it.

Maybe even worse can be black ice. A fine dusting of snow polished into the pavement which looks like dry road. It can really fool you. First time I hit it was coming back from Florida in the 70's. About 60 miles from home - dry road (so I thought) at night. I was wondering why there were cars in the ditch here and there because my Audi was humming right along on the 401 (like US interstates). On a hunch, I decided to slow down and test the brakes. All four wheels locked right up. (No ABS in 73). Slowed it right down after that and was lucky to make it home safely.

Be careful out there.
amazing how most things were shut down through Thurs/Fri. Oh well, at least MARTA was partially running as there wasn't a chance in hell I was gonna play taxi-cab roulette... Sorry 'bout the Falcons last night but good seeing people out and about again.

Stay safe and hopefully it'll be y'alls last snowfall of the year!

smiling smiley
That was some mess last week! The ABS light on my Volvo had lit up the day before the ice hit and I'm glad I brought the car to the dealer that day instead of waiting! I've been driving a loaner ever since. Being from the North, I'm used to snow, but never experienced ice like we had it here in Atlanta... treacherous! Glad it's gone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login