Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New Car Shopping...
marbleheader - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 8:52:04 am
My 01S is in winter hibernation and I have been out looking at purchasing two new cars, 2011 wrangler and 2011 FX35. I am in shock at how little I have been getting off the sticker price. Less than 5% off sticker on a new car. Shocking to me as over the years in the past, I have negotiated between 17 to 20% off sticker price. What gives? am I getting to be a bad negotiator in my old age, LOL? Little to no follow up from the sales people. They used to hound me in years past. They all seem so laid back now. What gives?
Early in the quarter
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 12:28:50 pm
They are all feeling good because of last years bonus checks. And all car companies have been getting over the give-em-away era and are intent on profit from every car. Look at the Porsche allocation.
Re: Early in the quarter
marbleheader - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 12:47:33 pm
You must be right Mike. I am now up to 10% off sticker but man, I am working it!
Wish my wife wanted a Cayenne but she really loves the FX35.
Re: Early in the quarter
db997S - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 2:21:44 pm
agree. Profits are up, sales are up, outlook is up, all of which equates to prices up. I think even with the Pepper, since it is new, you'd still be hard press to find a great deal. I know several people who got cars in and around Christmas. Also, you are looking at SUV-like items during winter. Sort of like looking at convertibles in Spring or Summer. One thing I thought you might have going for you is that with gas prices predicted to be $4 and up in the next couple of years, that SUV sales would be down. But, you are not looking at the gas guzzling pigs that right now are the hardest hit. Plus, I've heard the end of December is the best month to buy. December 2009 must have been bottom fishing heaven. I know I got a fantastic deal on a 2009 911 in November of 2009. None of my previous two Porsches came even close to the deal i got. Of course, buying a Boxster in '98 required 6-month waits isn't the best for timing (MSRP or nothing).

Good luck. Stick to your guns. If one dealer doesn't get it for you, on to the next, then the next, etc. Not sure where you are, but there must be multiple Jeep and Infinity dealers around. Plus, you can buy it anywhere and still have it serviced locally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login