Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Holy crap!
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 6:05:24 pm
I leave for 10 minutes, and you guys change EVERYTHING! Sheesh... hahaha Ah well.. I'm the slacker here. Been a while, and now... uhhh... everything looks different... except strangely the same. Hmmm... since I last checked in:

1. Got fresh rear tires, but had my side skirts cracked and crushed by thoughtless tire personnel in the process--and have been reimbursed for the damage.
2. Further developed the mystifying belt-like bark sound on startups I've complained about before (which I'm thinking is either an accessory bearing or a roller bearing going out on the serp line... still not sure if I should be driving it until that's fixed), and...
3. Accidentally spilled an entire batch of really really great lamb osso buco that I spent 3 hours making right into the open roof compartment with the top half down. Including a whole pile of steamy herbed brown basmati rice. Yep... all under the clamshell and down the rear deck. Into the spoiler compartment, too. :-| Don't ask. Not sure I've ever been quite as stupid as in that moment (and that's saying something... I have some doozies) LOL

Anyway, love and miss you all... just thought I'd say hi!
Yuck ! Shame you don't have a picture of it ..
Clam - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 6:41:46 pm
before you decided to serve it on your car smiling smiley Sounds like a nice dish.
Glad you're still around and checking in.

Clam
...makes me cry (nearly) every time. Guh.

You mean it's not any more? GAHHH!!
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 12:10:05 pm
after all thay,. It's all cleaned up , put back together, and good as new now. Doesn't even smell like stew. :-)
LOL. Not your usual pic of food. Bummer sad smiley *NM*
Clam - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 12:32:42 pm
Re: LOL welll, I can probably
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Saturday, 15 January, 2011, at 11:06:02 pm
locate some other, newer pics of fodd I've taken more recently. Lesson for the day: don't put a bag of food on the closed roof of your Boxster, start the engine, put the top in automatic motion (with your SmartTop relay), forget about the food on the rood, and then get out of the ccar and walk away while everything splats. hahaYuck.
Welcome back, Vox
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, at 9:41:48 pm
The sound on startup could well be the starter. It makes a strange sound when the bendix hangs up. Easily fixable, nothing to replace.
Re: Welcome back, Vox
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, at 8:50:57 pm
First: Thanks! Missed you guys. :-)

Second: Think it's something I could diagnose myself? I'm not tooooo bright about this stuff, ya know. I just follow everybody else's instructions (except when I get a brilliant flash of inspiration like painting my battery tray red) HAHA
More information on screeching sound
The Voxster ('03S, In-A-Band Jose) - Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, at 8:58:15 pm
Actually, I just remembered... it's not JUST on startup. Although it's most prominent on startup, if I lug the engine to low-ish RPM in, say 3rd gear and ask the car for torque by stomping the throttle a bit, I can get it to emit the same noise, as well, and extend it. That's what makes me think it's something else on the serp line... unless you're saying the starter is onvolved in that, too :-D Like I said... I ain't tooo braght :-D
Does the car smell like a LAMBorghini? *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, at 1:05:04 am
Don'tchya mean "Baaaaa"? *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 9:23:06 am
Mr. The Voxster...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, at 9:31:38 am
... welcome!
Good to see you around here Bryan.
Stick around.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
You are STILL The Man, Mr. Bonilla. Great to hear from you! :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login