Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Europlates
TSS4LSU - Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, at 11:14:45 pm
Anyone put a europlate on the front of their P-car? I got a nice one off ebay but not sure how to mount it. I did a google search but nothing useful. I do have predrilled holes in the bumper with plugs in them but not sure how to get it bolted on. Any directions anyone has handy?

If you have any cool europlates post a pic.

Thanks
It's all subjective of course, but
Roger987 - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 11:18:34 am
many Boxster owners feel the best way to mount a front plate is with Velcro - attached deep inside the rear trunk. winking smiley
Re: Europlates
frogster - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 11:57:22 am
Although I think it looks stupid, I'll tell you how to do it from a technical perspective. if you want to do it properly, get the Porsche license plate holder from a country with the same size plates ( I don't know if all euro plates have identical dimensions. I know Belgian and Swiss plates are different) it's a kind of box that conforms to the curves of the bumper and it attaches to the bumper through the same two screw holes and then you pop the plate into it. Anything else will be flimsy and just look like a hack.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
www.german-number-plates.com
Problem with those frames is that they are flat
frogster - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 2:03:46 pm
And the boxster's front bumper is curved. To me it looks like hell when plates are mounted improperly. And believe me, I looked for a solution for a long, long time living in Switzerland since the front plates there are much smaller then EU ones.
Believe me, the Porsche frames are absolutely perfect for euro plates.

--
True, but they are made of plastic, so if you use the the screw holes towards the outside edge the plastic hold will bend
carlos, are you talking about 986 or987?
frogster - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 8:31:52 pm
i just took a look at porsche france and realized that the 987 bumper is straighter vertically than the 986 so maybe the problems is not so bad. my experience with with my 986.

on the 986 i find that when they're bent, they look trashy and they're fragile. and they aren't vertical. the list goes on.

--
Re: Europlates
TSS4LSU - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 9:11:49 pm
I have a good plate holder. The plate is already curved fine for the bumper. Problem I am having is how to attach it. Is it just screws or should it be bolted on? I am worried that with wind forces it will not be held well with just screws. I dont want to take off half the front of the car just to put on a plate I might not even like once its on.

There's always my wall to hand it on winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login