Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
So, Monday night. BCS championship game. I am upstairs, turn on game. Wife rolls her eyes and heads downstairs.... I head down to get some (ahem) refreshment from the basement fridge.... and SHE IS WATCHING THE GAME. She is all mad that because of me she HAS to watch college football. She was never interested before. She even knew who Cam Newton was and was routing against Auburn. I then fell asleep so she gave me the play by play on Tues...

THEN, yesterday, my 8yr old and 6 year old are vehemently arguing. I head downstairs to break the thing up. What are they arguing about? Whether the Porsche 911 is the best car in the world. I, of course, solomonically end the argument. The 911 cannot be the best car in the world, because the Boxster is. But, it may be the most iconic car. That seemed to satisfy them -- after of course, I explained what iconic meant....

The victory is not complete though. Tori still wants an SUV. (Don't say ANYTHING - DL)

Aidan at least wants a Viper. (mostly, I suspect, because it looks like Lightning McQueen). For the same reason, he may think 911's are "girl cars."
You are winning.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 1:16:44 pm
You have your family, they are talking to you, you had a teaching moment, you are home and warm and your refrigerator is still on to keep the beverage of choice cool (I stick it out in the garage in this weather, why pay for cooling when I have plenty available for free). And a wife to tell you the score...wow.

When we were planning our retirement house, one of my wife's non-negotiables was separate floors for the rooms with her and my TVs because we watch different things...like I watch zero dramas and she watches close to zero sports. Then she puts the ironing board and the treadmill in my room on my floor. I struck back with a TV in the bedroom ... she must take a half game getting ready for bed so I can squeeze in a bit more while waiting.
Re: You are winning.
JM-Stamford,CT - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 2:27:35 pm
Oh - I appreciate all you say. I hope it stays the same in the teen years....
Good luck on that! drinking smiley *NM*
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Thursday, 13 January, 2011, at 7:23:01 pm
Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login