Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My first pics at the dealer
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 2:42:25 am
I'm learning:
[i266.photobucket.com]

Had the names taken off the back
[i266.photobucket.com]

Interior color
[i266.photobucket.com]

I'm ready to go drive (they forgot to deamber it):
[i266.photobucket.com]
Re: My first pics at the dealer
joris - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 2:46:44 am
Wow! You survived the Wait!

Good luck with your beautiful car!
Spitzenklasse! *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 5:37:12 am
Spitzenklasse mahl zwei!
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 6:58:05 am
It's a beauty. Yah done good Joanne.

Sure is nice to see another permagrin on the board - finally.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (As if I have to tell you that.) grinning smiley
Fine pictures, J....a cutie in a cutie thumbs up

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
Fine pictures, J....a cutie in a cutie thumbs up

+1

Regards, Maurice.
Vicarious thrills and how special a 981 is! *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 2:07:14 pm
Copy that thumbs up
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 2:36:15 pm
"Sure is nice to see another permagrin on the board - finally." ??? ~ Guenter

G-man, just about EVERYBODY on PPBB has permagram, not just you 981 snobs. winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Copy that thumbs up
Harvey in FL - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 3:25:00 pm
Gary in SoFL

G-man, just about EVERYBODY on PPBB has permagram, not just you 981 snobs. winking smiley

And we 911 owners have permagrim even more than all Boxsters. the finger smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 9:31:08 pm
Gary in SoFL

Sorry about whatever complex you have Gary. Where in my post do I exclude ANY other Porsches and their owners?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 6:03:03 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Gary in SoFL

Sorry about whatever complex you have Gary. Where in my post do I exclude ANY other Porsches and their owners?

Only "complex" is a weird sense of humor sometimes, my friend. What's the matter, don't they understand winking smiley up north of the border? You must be able to see how someone could take your line above the wrong way.

If you didn't notice, here it is a little bigger:

You will note that in all our years, until now I've never mentioned your Boxster obsessive compulsive disorder ( at least for the 6 months a year you take it outside) basiclly because I identify with it.

Relax, take a pill, and go clean your exhaust tip. cool smiley Could be you're running too rich, or maybe it's cheap fuel.

Great looking Boxster Joanne enjoy it! *NM*
DougW - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 7:35:25 am
Congrats smileys with beer and enjoy in good health thumbs up *NM*
Harvey in FL - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 8:48:58 am
Great color combo! *NM*
gedwin - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 9:08:35 am
Sweet looking car....
m4240z - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 9:24:27 am
I just noted however in the last image of you sitting proudly in your new car that the mirror blocks the view of your clear bra.....

And is that really you? I thought you said you had grandkids.....
Great looking car, Joanne..
MikenOH - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 9:53:38 am
I like that color combo; those are Cayman wheels?--very nice.

Looking forward to your posts on learning how everything works on the new car and driving it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 09:57AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Yes, they are Cayman wheels
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 11:56:24 pm
I liked the 20 in wheels even better, but the price stopped me from ordering them. I thought for the price, the Caymann had a nicer style.

Joanne
BLKBOXS - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 12:20:44 pm
Congratulation..You must be thrilled. Enjoy.

MIKELLIG
Post Falls Rob - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 3:02:58 pm
Beautiful!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 3:34:37 pm
Gorgeous car! I noted that you had "model delete" - but it appears they deleted the "Porsche" letters on the rear deck as well. I did not know that was an option.
ENJOY!thumbs up

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
even though I think the tail looks a little busy and somewhat asymmetrical (the cursive model script plus the S, and the brand) I would've preferred a brand delete and keep the model. One can presently read "PORSCHE" on the outside of the car at ten different locations: four center caps, four brake calipers, front crest, and rear brand text. (Am I leaving something out?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 04:52PM by Laz. (view changes)
I really like the idea of just the model as it was on the 986 and 987s. I never really thought about how many times "Porsche" is written. On the other hand, do you know how many times you see the Golden Arches when you walk into a McDs?
They called me and asked
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 5:46:44 pm
I had asked when I ordered my car. When it came in the service manager was mentioning about the deletion and the SA remembered I had asked about not having the Porsche on it either.

Can ask for the model deletion, but not Porsche deletion. They said it must come from the port with it on, but they can take it off. Then said the longer it stays on the harder it is to get off. I asked to keep the letters so I can put them in my garage when I get it remodeled.

I had the Boxster emblem taken off my last one and found it much easier to keep clean and wax. The reason for it again this time. ..... I too agree, it does say Porsche all over the car. And if the person doesn't know, they can always ask smiling smiley

Joanne
Wow! Very Cool! Happy 981'ing. *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 6:12:37 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
So here's another woman with good car taste. Beautiful, tall, wealthy, and a marvelous athlete. What's not to like?

I've been doing 2 of the 3
Joanne in OC - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 7:34:40 pm
Working and sleeping sad smiley ..... Had to work until 10 last night. Work today and tomorrow all day. If people would stop getting sick for just a few days then I could be having some fun driving.

I haven't been able to drive yet. Just got to 100 miles when I got to work today. And 45 miles was driving home from the dealer sad smiley ..... I'm not really going to be able to drive until Sunday smiling bouncing smiley the finger smiley And I can't wait for that.

BTW, I have more in common with Maria Sharapova, I play tennis (just not like her though, but that's another dream). AND, no way would I sit on my car!!!!!

Joanne
Re: I've been doing 2 of the 3
Laz - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 11:30:49 am
Same here: I don't care whose kiester it is.
Thanks everyone
Joanne in OC - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 7:40:32 pm
I haven't been able to take more pictures. Plan to do that on Sunday.

Yesterday had the clear bra installed and he had the car all day. Today, I can at least go out and look at her. Many staff come by and ask for a look. It's even better looking in the sun smiling smiley .... At least for these couple of days, I'm trying figure out how to work the seats, AC, phone, nav, and a few of the other things. I did get my garage door opener programed the first night. I felt a sense of accomplishment after that.

I am sure looking forward to Sunday hot smiley

Joanne
chris & 987 - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 9:05:00 pm
Great pictures and congrats. Enjoy and post up some more pictures when u get a chance.
dghii - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 10:38:44 pm
Congrats to you! Beautiful car for sure.

One day....

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Beautiful! *NM*
newt - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 5:40:40 pm
The car is pretty nice, too. *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 5:51:01 pm
Been thinking about you all week!
Meredith in Atlanta - Sunday, 25 August, 2013, at 2:18:32 pm
I bet you've already put many miles on your new Boxster. It's so beautiful and inspiring! smiling smiley Best of luck with it, lady!
Great to see you back in a Boxster, Joanne!!!
frogster - Wednesday, 4 September, 2013, at 11:37:43 pm
that is one gorgeous car!!! congratulations!!!

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Re: Great to see you back in a Boxster, Joanne!!!
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 4 September, 2013, at 11:52:43 pm
Thanks ..... It's been fun

But have had a bunch of "little" problems. Hoping to get everything resolved in a week and then I can really enjoy it. In the meantime, I just keep breaking her in smiling smiley smiling smiley

Where have you been?
Joanne
frogster - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 12:02:08 am
geographically i'm still in vancouver. haven't been going to LA much and when I do it's now just for a few days so no time to head south to OC. haven't even seen my cousin (who lives near you) for a couple of years.

haven't been on the board much either since i don't have the boxster anymore nor do i have plans to get one. i'm barely putting 150 miles a month on my car. it would be ludicrous to have a boxster here.

i did drive my old boxster for 10 minutes a few weeks ago though. very strange feeling. i do miss it a bit though but here it just wouldn't make any sense or else i'd just pick up a used one for fun.

you'll get your little problems sorted out and all will be good again. it's a stunning car. it looks good on you!

--
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 12:10:15 am
Hey Robert

If you're in the LA area, I don't mind driving to meet for dinner. Now I have a good excuse to drive smiling smiley It would be good to see you again. I was hoping to get to Whistler to go skiing last year, but that didn't happen. Don't think it's going to happen this year (too much work). One of these days I'll get up there and visit you.

I'm surprised you don't have your Boxster anymore sad smiley I can understand, but with not having one for 10 months, I really missed it, even a 10 min drive would have helped. Maybe one day you'll be back in one, when the time is right.

Joanne
frogster - Thursday, 5 September, 2013, at 4:02:52 pm
Joanne in OC
I'm surprised you don't have your Boxster anymore sad smiley I can understand, but with not having one for 10 months, I really missed it, even a 10 min drive would have helped. Maybe one day you'll be back in one, when the time is right.

oh believe me, i would have brought it and my X5 with me to canada if i could have but the rules are completely idiotic here. i couldn't bring it in because "it doesn't meet canadian safety standards" or some other load of bullshot like that. what they really mean is that they don't want people importing cars from countries where they are sold cheaper. i see rust-buckets driving down the road sideways, spewing clouds of oily smoke and that's okay. but bringing in my pristine boxster from a country with safety and pollution regulations much higher than here is not allowed. oh, but i can bring it in when it's 15 years old as if that's going to make it safer!!!
i actually asked my friend if he'd sell me back the car in 2015 and he said "possibly" winking smiley
but like i said, i just don't drive much anymore here. the roads just aren't the same as in europe. but even in europe, and very much in switzerland, the laws are tightening and enforcement is stronger than ever. there are news laws just passed in switzerland which mandate jail terms for speeding certain amounts over the limit. it just isn't worth it anymore and i guess that's their goal.
like you say, maybe one day i'll be back in a boxster (with PDK of course) when the time is right. we'll see.
i'll always have a boxster in my heart.

--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login