Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
12 years old, and still goin...
CarreraLicious - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 9:22:03 pm
I haven't posted here in a while and haven't been driving her too often in the last couple years, but when I do, it still gives me and the wifey grins..

Thought I'd post a pic and say hi to old friends. Glad to see folks with the newer models and still enjoying the permagrin.

My 01 says hi...still goin strong on its original IMS.... smiling smiley

Nice Wheels!
dghii - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 10:24:05 pm
Those would look great on my Silver 2000S! How many miles on the car? I'm at 112k and running great.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Re: Nice Wheels!
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 5:36:36 am
Thanks! I only have 69k on mine. I drive her all year round, but just not that much.
Re: 12 years old, and still goin...
dennisafrompa - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 7:23:04 am
Lucky you.....How's life in the suburbs? Do you miss the upper west side?
Re: 12 years old, and still goin...
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 8:13:31 am
dennisafrompa
Lucky you.....How's life in the suburbs? Do you miss the upper west side?
Hey Dennis! How are ya?

Well, we went from the city to city views to view of a kid's playset to mostly trucking around in an SUV on weekends to do our shopping. Lol!

But, we like it, and as you can see, so does our son...

We still are only 30 minutes from NYC, so can still go when we miss it, but I don't miss the $560 a month parking fee I had to pay when living there..especially since now we have 3 cars. Next time you are in NY/NJ, let me know and I'll organize a gathering. Your Stang is most welcome. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 08:18AM by boxtaboy. (view changes)
Great to hear you are still enjoying the car Clam. From what I hear and read, the IMS in my car is supposed to fail according to all the theories, but it's still going strong.

I only change my oil once every 12k miles or 2 years...whatever comes first. In the first 6 or 7 years of its life, it lived in NYC where a parking attendant always started and shut off the engine before handing the car to me (a garage rule). I would infrequently drive it at the time (against the rules of a long living IMS). I would not normally drive it hard (also a no no according to what people are saying, for the IMS to last), and oh...the car was fed Mobil 1 0W-40 up until about 2 years ago. The engine, however, is still miraculously still running. I am more than willing to replace it with another once the engine decides to explode, but it just won't.... Maybe my luck will run out one day...stay tuned. Lol
Boxtaboy. Still enjoying my '00 as well.
JM-Stamford,CT - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 5:03:16 pm
Glad to see you here too. I have become a sometime lurker and even rarer poster.
Re: Boxtaboy. Still enjoying my '00 as well.
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 5:12:28 pm
JMstamford,ct
Glad to see you here too. I have become a sometime lurker and even rarer poster.

We gotta get together JM. Still figuring out dates for us to gather for dinner with our wives. How's the project car coming along?
Cent'anni! *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 11:29:31 am
Congrats!!! smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 8:11:54 pm
Looks great!! I'm sure you've had alot of fun it and will have many more years of memories.

Joanne
Re: Congrats!!! smiling smiley
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 8:21:16 pm
Joanne in OC
Looks great!! I'm sure you've had alot of fun it and will have many more years of memories.

Joanne
Thanks Joanne. Enjoy your new Boxster, and let us know how you like the PDK after having it a while. I'm curious if you end up missing the manual.
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 9:04:04 pm
I can tell you that my left foot is feeling kinda left out. When it get in the car, I'm so used to the clutch that it now goes for the break when I put the key in. At least it has something to do smiling smiley

Being I haven't been able to do much driving, just to and from work, I'll know more tomorrow

Joanne
CarreraLicious - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 9:20:52 pm
Joanne in OC
I can tell you that my left foot is feeling kinda left out. When it get in the car, I'm so used to the clutch that it now goes for the break when I put the key in. At least it has something to do smiling smiley

Being I haven't been able to do much driving, just to and from work, I'll know more tomorrow

Joanne

Great, let us know how you like it over time. There are days I feel I would like to have my next Pcar with PDK, so that my wife can drive it too, but I just have this thing engrained in me that a sports roadster should have an extra pedal and a stick to row. smiling smiley
MauriceonLongIsland - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 1:36:48 pm
Rich:

Wouldn't it be easier to just teach Becky to drive a stick?

I probably know the answer to that question, but I had to ask it anyway because I have a similar situation here! smiling smiley

Regards, Maurice.
CarreraLicious - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 7:59:50 pm
MauriceonLongIsland
Rich:

Wouldn't it be easier to just teach Becky to drive a stick?

I probably know the answer to that question, but I had to ask it anyway because I have a similar situation here! smiling smiley

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice, I tried teaching her once and my clutch wasn't happy. smiling smiley
Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Better still... Keep yours and buy the wife a 991 PDF Cabriolet! Win, Win, Win situation!smiling bouncing smiley

Regards, Maurice.
MauriceonLongIsland
Better still... Keep yours and buy the wife a 991 PDF Cabriolet! Win, Win, Win situation!smiling bouncing smiley

Regards, Maurice.

Yeah, but that's a lose situation for my wallet! winking smiley
A fat wallet is bad for your sciatic nerve! *NM*
986rgt - Thursday, 29 August, 2013, at 3:43:47 pm
Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Agree. (seriously) *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 29 August, 2013, at 5:29:13 pm
Re: Agree. (seriously) +1
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 29 August, 2013, at 5:34:53 pm
Always take my wallet out of my pocket when in the car. Not just better for the sciatic, but also helps the seat keep its shape.
Yes. That, too. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 29 August, 2013, at 6:54:26 pm
Re: Agree. (seriously) +1
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 30 August, 2013, at 2:30:29 pm
Guenter in Ontario
Always take my wallet out of my pocket when in the car. Not just better for the sciatic, but also helps the seat keep its shape.

Yet one more symptom of MCD eye rolling smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Definitely agree with that grinning smiley *NM*
Joanne in OC - Friday, 30 August, 2013, at 3:08:00 pm
But who told me how to do it and gave me the links eye popping smiley
Joanne in OC - Friday, 30 August, 2013, at 6:04:39 pm
But it was fun to do it smiling smiley

I have a file with all the pics of it going through the lock grinning smiley

Joanne
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
If I lived in So Cal, I'd head up Mullholand Drive or up PCH 1.

Enjoy.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2013 08:19PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
This weekend smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Friday, 30 August, 2013, at 11:52:01 pm
This weekend is not a great time roads are too busy here .... but I am going to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena tomorrow for the UCLA season opener. Will lbe tailgating with my college roommate and a couple other girls from the same floor in the door. Should be a really fun day smiling smiley

I just got finished washing my car, couldn't believe how dirty my wheels were after 400 miles. I think I need to was them everyday. They were bad after the first day.

Am going to Vegas in 2 weeks, gotta get my V1 hardwired in. But with the all mishaps with the dealer and getting the after market stuff done, I haven't had time. My car is now scheduled for the dealer on Tuesday, all day. And Wed, the rear window tinting has to be done again, has a crease in the middle. I'm getting to know everyone real well. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can go drive ( 2 weeks).

BTW, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The service manager doesn't know anything about the programing of the piwis for the one touch and remote top up & down. They said they will figure it on Tues, and have it done (along with a few other things). But, this would save me from getting the SmartTop and saving some money for the gas smiling smiley

Joanne
Re: This weekend smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 31 August, 2013, at 12:05:13 am
I guess it's the same all over. Labour Day weekend there are too many tired drivers on the road. Roads turn into parking lots.

You'll find the amount of brake dust will be much less after a thousand miles or so. At least mine aren't nearly as bad as they were in the beginning. My 987 was the same thing.

I noticed your post regarding the rear window. There most have been something wrong with the original install of the tinting. The window is glass and won't bend like your old plastic one. It even has a defroster to melt that ice and snow in winter. Bet you couldn't wait to use that feature. winking smiley
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 31 August, 2013, at 12:34:51 am
I'm not even sure I used the windshield wipers more than 2 times in my 986. If there was any chance of rain, it stayed home in the garage. It wasn't that I thought the car would "melt", it's that people in SoCal don't know how to drive when the roads gets a little wet. Accidents are really abundant during that time and I wasn't taking any chances.

As for snow, isn't that for skiing? And, it's sunny when I go. What in the world would a boxster do in a ski area?? Actually, one year, I did take my Boxster to Mammoth. Was able to put 2 sets of skis in the cabin between the passenger seat and the door. We had to drive with the top down. By the time we got there at 10:00 at night, it was 36 degrees. Luckily we had a garage to park in to warm up the car before the top went up. But, geez, it was sure cold driving in that weather, had my ski jacket and gloves on with the heater...... Oh such memories I have with that car smiling smiley smiling smiley ...... I learned a lesson, no more driving into snowy areas with the top down smiling smiley smiling smiley

Joanne
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 31 August, 2013, at 9:21:49 am
Joanne in OC
I'm not even sure I used the windshield wipers more than 2 times in my 986. If there was any chance of rain, it stayed home in the garage. It wasn't that I thought the car would "melt", it's that people in SoCal don't know how to drive when the roads gets a little wet. Accidents are really abundant during that time and I wasn't taking any chances.

As for snow, isn't that for skiing? And, it's sunny when I go. What in the world would a boxster do in a ski area?? Actually, one year, I did take my Boxster to Mammoth. Was able to put 2 sets of skis in the cabin between the passenger seat and the door. We had to drive with the top down. By the time we got there at 10:00 at night, it was 36 degrees. Luckily we had a garage to park in to warm up the car before the top went up. But, geez, it was sure cold driving in that weather, had my ski jacket and gloves on with the heater...... Oh such memories I have with that car smiling smiley smiling smiley ...... I learned a lesson, no more driving into snowy areas with the top down smiling smiley smiling smiley

Joanne

You'll be a lot comfier driving at cold temperatures in this car since you now also have the bun warmers. We do it all the time here in Canada.

CURVEN8R at Horseshoe Valley.

SOOOOO Photoshopped! :p *NM*
Roger987 - Sunday, 1 September, 2013, at 1:03:59 pm
shhhhhhhhhhhh grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 1 September, 2013, at 5:00:57 pm
m4240z - Sunday, 1 September, 2013, at 5:01:59 pm
Joanne in OC
This weekend is not a great time roads are too busy here .... but I am going to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena tomorrow for the UCLA season opener. Will lbe tailgating with my college roommate and a couple other girls from the same floor in the door. Should be a really fun day smiling smiley

I just got finished washing my car, couldn't believe how dirty my wheels were after 400 miles. I think I need to was them everyday. They were bad after the first day.

Am going to Vegas in 2 weeks, gotta get my V1 hardwired in. But with the all mishaps with the dealer and getting the after market stuff done, I haven't had time. My car is now scheduled for the dealer on Tuesday, all day. And Wed, the rear window tinting has to be done again, has a crease in the middle. I'm getting to know everyone real well. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can go drive ( 2 weeks).

BTW, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The service manager doesn't know anything about the programing of the piwis for the one touch and remote top up & down. They said they will figure it on Tues, and have it done (along with a few other things). But, this would save me from getting the SmartTop and saving some money for the gas smiling smiley

Joanne

Now I'm really confused -- a grandmother with a college roommate and girls in the dorm...... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
My roommate and girls in the dorm....
Joanne in OC - Monday, 2 September, 2013, at 12:39:43 pm
From over 35 years ago ...... I caught with them on facebook. It's like picking up from where we left off so long ago smileys with beer smileys with beer (lots of beer at the Rose Bowl)

It was a great game ..... We WON 58-20 smiling smiley Great offense, but defense could use a little work, they gave up too many points the finger smiley

Joanne
officer made me take it down from where i had it mounted -- using the mount with the sucker feet -- at the top of the windshield next to the rear view mirror to either as far down in the lower left hand or right hand corner as it would fit. Nearly useless there so I just turned it off and put in on the floor board on the passenger side of the car. Once out of AZ I mounted it back where I had it.
Just turned 100k on my '01. smiling smiley *NM*
boxsterd - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 8:27:06 pm
Mine's 11 years, and I haven't posted since PPBB in 2006
Norm in NC - Monday, 2 September, 2013, at 3:45:36 pm
It's been a while. My seal grey has 77,000 original owner smiles on it smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login