Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Headlight bulb replacement?
gregsterInMO - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 12:09:36 pm
Is there any magic to replacing the low beam bulb on a 2002 box?

Porsche wants $22.50 for the bulb, then another $30.00 to install.

Not that it is a ton of money, but if it is something I could do myself in a couple of minutes, I would save myself the $30.00..

Thanks guys.
Re: Headlight bulb replacement?
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 12:17:36 pm
Even I can do it n about 5 minutes drinking smiley

Good time to upgrade and change both bulbs to Hoen or SilverStar Ultra's thumbs up
Even I
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 1:02:02 pm
can do it. Covered in Owner's Manual. Look in your toolkit for the headlight removal tool.

Trick: low beam is upper bulb and you can't tell that very well from the pictures in the Owner's Manual.

Note how the pegs on the side of the headlight assy slide out as you take it out so you can get it in the right way putting it back. Once you have locked the assy back in place, try to pull it out. It isn't fun stopping suddenly and seeing your headlight continuing forward.

Consider doing both low beams while you are in the trunk, the other one has been on as long as the one that failed. Then put the working one you removed somewhere in the car and you are carrying a spare.
Or better yet, consider Pedro's Xenon upgrade.
Roger987 - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 1:46:30 pm
It's a DIY project, with great results.
Re: Headlight bulb replacement?
Laz - Friday, 14 January, 2011, at 3:26:56 pm
Try to keep a small, clean rag on the bumper while pulling out and reinserting the lamp assembly. Also, it can be a little tricky getting the lamp's pins back onto both tracks inside the fender, but be sure they do. If you hear a small snap sound as you bring the locking mechanism home it should be harmless.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login