Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Part Number for Red Plastic Fitting
Arena Red - Sunday, 16 January, 2011, at 2:58:11 pm
I need to replace the red plastic fitting that screws onto the articulating arm for the convertible top that is right near the door. Anyone have the part #? Here is a photo.

[www.kodakgallery.com]
Photo Link Try Again
Arena Red - Sunday, 16 January, 2011, at 3:43:23 pm
Hi Mike,
Let me know if this link works. Thanks.

[www.kodakgallery.com]
Arena Red
I need to replace the red plastic fitting that screws onto the articulating arm for the convertible top that is right near the door. Anyone have the part #? Here is a photo.

[www.kodakgallery.com]

cup that is screwed onto the front pushrod, the pushrod that is pressed onto a steel ball on the front half of the V-lever.

If that's the case, Porsche does not sell just the plastic ball joint by itself (surprise! hot smiley ) but only sells the complete three-part pushrod assembly.

If yours is a 986, which I am assuming it is because you still have one of the original red ball cups that only came on the early 986's, then the part number for the complete pushrod is 986 561 279 02.

If you want to buy just the ball cup from a guy in the Netherlands, send me a PM and I'll give you his info.

Regards, Maurice.
Red Plastic ball part
Arena Red - Sunday, 16 January, 2011, at 4:20:37 pm
What you are describing is exactly what I am referring to. I tried to send a PM but it does not appear to go thru. I would be interesed in the contact info for anyone selling just the red plastic part.
Thanks, Dan
Re: Red Plastic ball part
MauriceonLongIsland - Sunday, 16 January, 2011, at 4:28:47 pm
Dan: Post an e-mail address that you want the info sent to and I'll give you all of the info.

Regards, Maurice.

edit: Got it! e-mail sent.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 04:57PM by MauriceonLongIsland. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login