Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The US version has a new look.

[www.porsche.com]
G-man wore out the old one grinning smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 6 November, 2013, at 4:27:05 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I know you want us to believe that.....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 6 November, 2013, at 4:59:04 pm
....but I seriously doubt you've never had any second thoughts about your supposedly perfect selection.

You remind me more and more of my inscrutable Bavarian Great Grandfather. winking smiley

Happy I am, that you're satisfied with your boy racer toy. smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I guess just promoting the newest models first
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 6 November, 2013, at 4:45:47 pm
But, as a sports car company, it would be nice to start with one of those.
They've been pushing the new Plugin E-hybrid
Boxsterra - Sunday, 17 November, 2013, at 10:45:48 am
[www.porsche.com]

I've seen ads on several other sites for it.

They haven't yet published mpg figures for it, possibly due to the incomparable nature of the fuel consumption compared to gas or traditional gas/electric hybrids. I know someone who has a plugin hybrid and used 1 gallon of gas in the first 1,000 miles.
Re: They've been pushing the new Plugin E-hybrid
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 17 November, 2013, at 11:09:53 am
Boxsterra
[www.porsche.com]

I've seen ads on several other sites for it.

They haven't yet published mpg figures for it, possibly due to the incomparable nature of the fuel consumption compared to gas or traditional gas/electric hybrids. I know someone who has a plugin hybrid and used 1 gallon of gas in the first 1,000 miles.

The mileage you get is really going to depend on the type of driving you do. If you take a lot of short drives, being able to plug it in between drives, I can see you using 1 gallon or maybe even less in a 1,000 miles. If your trips are longer ones, you're going to use a lot more gas. The range will also be weather (mainly temperature) dependent. In winter you're going to be running the battery down a lot quicker with use of heater, defrosters and full head lighting. In hot weather, it will be AC running the battery down.

Running costs are also going to be more complex to calculate. How much hydro will you be using to keep the car charged, in addition to gas costs?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login