Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Air Bag Light
SPG356 - Saturday, 16 November, 2013, at 1:46:31 pm
Greetings,

My airbag light is on and my Durametric says that both buckles are the culprit. Here's my question: in the last three years or so I have replaced both buckles and also installed the updated gold-plated ground kit. Should I now also replace the ground kits along with new buckles?

Thanks
It may be the ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 16 November, 2013, at 6:22:49 pm
... buckles or the wiring harness to the buckles.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: It may be the ...
SPG356 - Sunday, 17 November, 2013, at 9:55:39 pm
Thanks Guys.
It IS maddening...
grant - Saturday, 16 November, 2013, at 6:28:50 pm
I still have one on, even though I am 85% certain i have fixed the problem.

First, check the connectors. Make sure the battery is disconnected first (or at minimum the key is out of the ignition, but i tale no chances).

Yes, the ground must be good. I have not done the ground. Where is the connection? More important than gold is a solid, clean connection. Gold simply removes the possibility of connector tarnish - but many other forms of poor connection are possible.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
SPG356
Greetings,

My airbag light is on and my Durametric says that both buckles are the culprit. Here's my question: in the last three years or so I have replaced both buckles and also installed the updated gold-plated ground kit. Should I now also replace the ground kits along with new buckles?

Thanks
i dont think you need to change ground kits..i have never done that..
My second Boxster went through 4 fixes for the airbag light. Both buckles two years apart, the grounding kit several years later and then a month or so later when the light reappeared the shop was told by the zone rep to try a new procedure. The last stayed fixed for the 3+ years I had the car. I have no idea what the change was nor if it was ever codified in a TSB. Only that when I went around back to talk to the mechanic who did the work that is what he told me. Could he be covering for a faulty install first time? Who knows.

Maybe try reinstalling the same ground kits?
ShadKing
SPG356
Greetings,

My airbag light is on and my Durametric says that both buckles are the culprit. Here's my question: in the last three years or so I have replaced both buckles and also installed the updated gold-plated ground kit. Should I now also replace the
solar kits along with new buckles?

Thanks
i dont think you need to change ground kits..i have never done that..
Re installing will serve the purpost..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login