Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
My Volvo is in the shop for the 3rd time for brake failure. Service just called me and told me they can't reproduce it - how would I like to handle it? I told him I had already submitted my papers for the lemon law. He agreed that it was the best thing to do and will fully support me. Also, I can return the loaner tomorrow and leave the old volvo there and remove my stuff out of it.

So, tomorrow I will head to Jim Ellis and scout out some Porsches!!!!! smiling smiley Yay!!!! smileys with beer
Exciting times for you, for sure.

Looks like the have a couple of used Boxsters with manual. I was surprised to that most of their 981's are manuals. Pleasant surprise. Hope you get just what you're looking for.

,,,,and pictures. Don't forget pictures. smiling smiley
Looking at a base model 2010 ...
Meredith in Atlanta - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 2:42:00 pm
Black body and top, sand beige interior. CPO - warranty good through April of 2016. It has lots of extras but not too much. It's beautiful!

I will be test driving it tomorrow morning. I'm so freaking excited!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley
Re: Looking at a base model 2010 ...
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 2:55:14 pm
Couldn't wait and snuck a peek. That sand beige and black is a great looking combination and I like those wheels.

Don't tell Pedro, but I really like clear side markers with the black.

Good luck getting some sleep tonight. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2013 03:46PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
That's the one, Guenter!
Meredith in Atlanta - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 3:01:46 pm
I really doubt I'll be able to sleep. I am more excited about this than any other of the others before. I've REALLY missed driving one. I even get excited about the idea of the ignition being on the left! So many things! smiling smiley
Nice looking car..
MikenOH - Friday, 22 November, 2013, at 3:48:08 pm
There don't seem to be a lot of 987.2 cars with manuals for sale.
Good luck on the hunt. If you do end up with a 1st/2nd-year 987.2, make sure they've applied the high-pressure fuel pump replacement "silent recall"...
Re: Nice looking car..
BLKBOXS - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 10:17:14 am
MikenOH
There don't seem to be a lot of 987.2 cars with manuals for sale.

Looks like you have 2 cars there to choose from...the 2010 (987) and the 2012(987S)...if $ is a concern eye rolling smiley...don't drive them both...the 987S has lots of extras, like PSE and Nav...I know that I wouldn't stand a chance if it was me..I would mtg the house, sell the stamp collection and rent out my water heater.

Good luck, no matter which one you pick...it will be the right choice.smileys with beer

Mike

MIKELLIG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2013 10:18AM by BLKBOXS. (view changes)
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 10:32:07 am
BLKBOXS

Looks like you have 2 cars there to choose from...the 2010 (987) and the 2012(987S)...if $ is a concern eye rolling smiley...don't drive them both...the 987S has lots of extras, like PSE and Nav...I know that I wouldn't stand a chance if it was me..I would mtg the house, sell the stamp collection and rent out my water heater.

Good luck, no matter which one you pick...it will be the right choice.smileys with beer

Mike

OMG! Not the water heater! You'd sure be wide awake after your shower in the morning. eye popping smiley After that, a topless drive on a s**wy day like today would be a great way to top off the morning. the finger smiley

PS, Mer. If you drove the 2012 with PSE, you just might be willing to rent out your water heater too. smiling bouncing smiley
WheelerPeter - Thursday, 28 November, 2013, at 5:34:45 am
I am not getting what is your problem with your car ?Do you want to sale it or if you have problem regarding your car tell me in clear words then I will find solution for your problem so reply as by going through the thread I am not getting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2013 05:35AM by WheelerPeter. (view changes)
First of all, I love this car. Originally I thought I might take it out in the winter on nice days, but my wife said no way! She also loves the car. We have a 2008 Corvette and a Honda Pilot, so we'll be down to one car for the winter. It works because my wife's office is 3 miles from home and I'm retired so she's happy to let me drive her to work and pick her up. They salted the roads here last night, so no Boxster driving until after the first big rain next spring. A couple of comments after living with the car for six months: The manual heater controls can be a bother when driving because the button control means you have to take your eyes off the road to see the amount of heat and fan speed you have. I would have preferred knobs. I don't believe you have to worry about a high pressure fuel pump fix, because only the "S" has direct injection that requires the high pressure pump. I searched for awhile to find a Boxster with the 14 way power adjustable seats because I have some back issues. That may not apply in your case. While the 2010 is theoretically the same as the 2009 model, you have any fixes that Porsche applied in the second year without announcing publicly. The 987.2 has the advantage of the traditional hydraulic power steering assist while the 981 has gone to electrically assisted steering. There seems to be agreement that the steering of the 981 offers less feel than the 987. That's a big factor in the 987's appeal to me, but others seem to think it's no big deal.
Thanks for the info, Steve - we're definitely going to ask about the fuel pump fix based on a couple of remarks here. I hadn't realized that there was even a distinguishing factor within the 987 models (.1 vs .2) - great to know. I'm looking forward to getting schooled again here!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login