Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Picked up my Boxster today!
Meredith in Atlanta - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 3:57:46 pm
It's the one I was hoping for. 2010 Base model - Black with black top and sand beige interior. The interior is in good condition - minor "scratching" around the inside driver handle, but not enough to bother me. Otherwise, it's been very taken care of by its one previous owner. CPO, it has brand new tires and is very much like new. I've ordered new mats just to have something "new" - the current ones are slightly used looking.

I was wondering how it was going to feel to drive a manual again after 3 years in an automatic and it came back to me immediately. Most enjoyable thing today was revving the engine! I loved the feel of being close to the road again - it surprised me. I'm just ecstatic!

Only downside is the radio, but that's to be expected without an upgrade - I'm not in the least bit disappointed.

Cheers!!!!
thumbs upsmileys with beerdrinking smileysmileys with beerthumbs updrinking smileyCongrad's and enjoy in good healththumbs up smileys with beer drinking smiley thumbs up smileys with beer drinking smiley *NM*
Harvey in FL - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 4:15:28 pm
Excelent news!.....
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 4:50:04 pm
..... and I'm glad you bought the Cayman Cab winking smiley
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 4:53:46 pm
Can't hear the stereo? Just push your right foot down a little further, that'll crank up the volume. winking smiley

Yup, there's nothing else out there that's as much fun to drive as a Porsche and my favourite just happens to be the Boxster - roof down, wind in your hair, sun in your face all to the sound of the Symphony in Flat Six. And, you get to conduct the whole orchestra with hand and foot co-ordination. Sounds like after 3 years, you're enjoying the Zen of Driving again.

Enjoy.

Oh yah, remember the pictures. cool smiley
Good for you, Meredith! *NM*
MikenOH - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 4:55:09 pm
It sounds like a great car. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Steve
Pictures, please. (The pressure's on!) *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 5:04:34 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Ok - let me give it a shot -
Meredith in Atlanta - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 5:32:03 pm

Did that work?
Re: Ok - let me give it a shot -
Meredith in Atlanta - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 5:32:34 pm
Sorry for the finger in the upper right corner, but you get the idea smiling smiley
Looks like you gave it your best shot. cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 23 November, 2013, at 8:12:45 pm
But, we all like your car. Why did you give us the finger? confused smiley winking smiley smiling smiley

It looks great. Enjoy.
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Re: Ok - let me give it a shot -
BLKBOXS - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 10:22:44 am
Meredith in Atlanta

Did that work?

That is a beautiful car...great choice.thumbs up

I did notice you have not forgotten the Porsche parking strategies to minimize the risk of unwanted door infractions.

Enjoy you new Boxster.

See you and everyone at BRBS ....~ 180 days away..start packing. smiling smiley

MIKELLIG
And the color combo looks great, if not totally bad-a$$. winking smiley

So glad to hear that you're back in a Boxster. I still remember your cool Speed Yellow car at BRBS years ago! Hope you thoroughly enjoy your beautiful new car.

I picked up a Cayman last year, and love it, but I kept my '00 Boxster S, and still enjoy driving it all year round.

Hope to see you again sometime.

Best regards, -rick.
I gave serious thought to doing the Cayman again - I loved that car. But there's just something about the Boxster that I couldn't resist. I just went out and played with it winking smiley
Here's *my* black & tan car. smiling smiley What can I say other than I love these cars with a passion, and I thoroughly enjoy driving them.

-Rick.
You just went from my "FRIEND" list to my "JEALOUS" list lol.... see you at BRBS! Can't wait!!!! smiling smiley
Terrific - enjoy many miles of driving
grant - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 8:53:34 am
Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Now any sudden acceleration will be intentional
Boxsterra - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 9:26:10 am
Great news. It looks super sharp.
Re: Picked up my Boxster today!
chris & 987 - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 12:10:20 pm
Meredith. I am one of the few in the ATL area that also has a black on black. I will be on the lookout for you and hope you enjoy your new ride. If you need a good shop to do a regular or custom stereo install for you I have a few places I can refer you to that you will appreciate working with. On my box I replaced the head unit and determined that I did not need a nav system to go from work to home to play. Also replaced the sorry standard/Bose system with some great but low priced in door speakers. As the finishing touch i had the shop make me a custom bx to fit exactly where the plastic box is right behind our heads, on the back deck. It allows for a great bass and mid sound range and does not interfere with top operation or any glass or windscreen.

here's to you and you new boxster and hope you find good traffic in the ATL area.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 12:11PM by chris & 987. (view changes)
BLKBOXS - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 1:29:03 pm
I love Black Boxsters as well...I always wave twice as hard when I pass another black Boxstergrinning smiley

MIKELLIG
Meredith in Atlanta - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 1:39:39 pm
Meredith in Atlanta - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 1:39:06 pm
Looks like you have quadruple black with those wheels! Thanks for the info. My commute is from downtown Altanta (Inman Park) up through the connector and North on 75 to Mt. Paran Rd. Cannot complain! I worked in Alpharetta for a while - it was pure hell! grinning smiley
Crooster - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 4:05:12 pm
Beautiful car! Congrats!

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Congrats Meredith!!!!
Joanne in OC - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 5:09:52 pm
Welcome Back .... See you in June smiling smiley ..... We'll have to think of something for this yeareye popping smiley
Re: Congrats Meredith!!!!
Meredith in Atlanta - Sunday, 24 November, 2013, at 6:55:49 pm
We could be nurses again winking smiley
With all photo evidence of said adventure dedacted sad smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:25:56 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
But that's not going to happen grinning smiley

Joanne
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Monday, 25 November, 2013, at 11:16:38 am
Welcome back! Enjoy your new ride!
Hey Bob! *NM*
Meredith in Atlanta - Monday, 25 November, 2013, at 12:05:30 pm
Congrats, Mer! *NM*
Bob G - Monday, 25 November, 2013, at 5:40:58 pm
Post Falls Rob - Monday, 25 November, 2013, at 5:50:58 pm
Gorgeous! Black with a Sand Beige interior is an excellent combination. Enjoy! smileys with beer
Differences I've noticed right off the bat -
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:05:05 pm
I forgot what it was like to be so close to the road, so low to the ground. I practically fell into it for my test drive!

As for comparison to the previous Boxsters and Cayman S, this one, a 987.2?, seems more powerful than any that I've driven, if that is possible (of course it is less powerful than the S). It could be because it has been a few years. It strikes me as louder? Perhaps for the same reason.

One thing that strikes me as strange, unrelated to the car itself, is that I find myself downshifting more than I used to. I guess because it's fun. It's a mystery! grinning smiley
Differences I've noticed right off the bat -
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:05:05 pm
I forgot what it was like to be so close to the road, so low to the ground. I practically fell into it for my test drive!

As for comparison to the previous Boxsters and Cayman S, this one, a 987.2?, seems more powerful than any that I've driven, if that is possible (of course it is less powerful than the S). It could be because it has been a few years. It strikes me as louder? Perhaps for the same reason.

One thing that strikes me as strange, unrelated to the car itself, is that I find myself downshifting more than I used to. I guess because it's fun. It's a mystery! grinning smiley
Re: Differences I've noticed right off the bat -
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:20:26 pm
Well, I can see just excited you are, posting in stereo, no less. winking smiley

No mystery at all about the downshifting and it's TOTALLY related to the car. You're just keeping it in the optimal power band, which keeps the orchestra happier and the Symphony in Flat Six sounding better, resulting in an even bigger Permagin smiling bouncing smiley

Let's face it, you were just born to be a Porsche driver. cool smiley

Good to see you back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 01:22PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Thanks Guenter! *NM*
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:32:25 pm
Mer ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 8:42:16 am
... Don't forget to get tire insurance winking smiley
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
LOL....the Mer adventures will continue. Welcome home smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 12:28:31 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
....and may it all be good *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:23:24 pm
I actually did! smiling smiley
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 26 November, 2013, at 1:35:06 pm
They now offer 3rd party coverage (allstate?) that includes tire replacement, ding repair, wheel repair and lots of other stuff. I may never use it, but it seemed like a good value, considering what I've needed in the past. My husband, who is super-conservative when it comes to spending, thought it was worth it as well. I bought the 3-year package. I'll dig up the paperwork and see what else it includes.
Congrats Meredith. Blood Mtn run in your future...
Clam - Thursday, 5 December, 2013, at 11:25:14 am
It would be great to get up there sometime this Spring and get an Atlanta group together again.
LOL , at Pedro's tire insurance suggestion. I had forgotten about all that smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login