Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Meredith's new Boxster got me thinking about the old days...... remember accessories that many said you must have but don't seem to be around anymore? I remember the boomerang and that plastic trunk lid thing that protected your trunk lid from internal dents.

What happened to them and do you remember others?

DIdn't the boomerang actually tear your bumper off if you slid over a parking barrier?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I have a red clip, and know about Das Schild, but
Bob G - Wednesday, 27 November, 2013, at 3:06:59 pm
although I remember the term, I don't recall its application.

Did you set it so your car would return to you? smiling smiley
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I discovered I still needed it on my '08 987. *NM*
Bob G - Thursday, 28 November, 2013, at 9:25:58 am
Activating the 987 motion sensor
Roger987 - Thursday, 28 November, 2013, at 9:30:38 am
On my 987, when the top is up, locking the car activates the motion sensor.

When the top is down, I activate the motion sensor by using my finger to push in the button where the center roof latch fits, while at the same time pressing the lock button on the remote.

Stick your finger in there (the center latch receptacle) - you'll feel the button. If you have long nails, it might be more of a challenge (not speaking from personal experience).
Re: Activating the 987 motion sensor
Bob G - Thursday, 28 November, 2013, at 11:11:22 am
Thanks, Roger. I wasn't aware of that technique. Did I miss it in the owner's manual? Manuals have become quite a chore to digest, and our modern cars are fiendishly complex!

Frankly, I had wondered why my (pre-owned, CPO) car came w/o a red clip.
Re: Activating the 987 motion sensor
Roger987 - Thursday, 28 November, 2013, at 2:13:10 pm
I don't think it's in the owner's manual, but I haven't checked. I heard about it years ago on Porsche Pete's, tried it and it worked.

The motion sensor in my 987 isn't terribly sensitive; I wouldn't trust it to protect anything from being stolen, but it might discourage someone from performing a stationary 'test-drive'.
Re: What happened to the boomerang?.... and the...
SMILIN - Friday, 29 November, 2013, at 9:44:00 pm
I also wondered, and still wonder if the boomerang would have been helpful for me. My car is lowered and after 15+ years, the bottom of the bumper cover is pretty thin. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login