Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Champion Porsche in the news
MikenOH - Sunday, 1 December, 2013, at 6:13:38 pm
[www.ajc.com]

Saw this on Planet -9; apparently PCNA took exception to them posting some pics of an upcoming new model of the 981CS.

Anyone have more info on this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 06:15PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Here you go, Laz. I think it's been posted before. Basically, it's a 15 hp bump, PASM, Sport Design steering wheel and 20' Carrera S wheels, leather interior and modified front and rear fascia for $75K.

[jalopnik.com]
I think the message here from PCNA is
MikenOH - Sunday, 1 December, 2013, at 8:40:53 pm
If we say do not distribute confidential info at a meeting, we really mean it.

Having said that, when you look at the specs on this model, there is precious little new here.
There was scuttlebutt that is would be a turbo 4 with 350HP but that seems like wishful thinking now.

Hard to believe that a Porsche dealership could end up on the bad end of a judgement involving early disclosure of a new "option package" but that very well may happen.
Re: I think the message here from PCNA is
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 1 December, 2013, at 9:01:00 pm
MikenOH
If we say do not distribute confidential info at a meeting, we really mean it.

Having said that, when you look at the specs on this model, there is precious little new here.
There was scuttlebutt that is would be a turbo 4 with 350HP but that seems like wishful thinking now.

Hard to believe that a Porsche dealership could end up on the bad end of a judgement involving early disclosure of a new "option package" but that very well may happen.

I would think that Porsche should have a right to expect dealers to keep confidential info confidential. So they're just enforcing that.

Based on the 997 GTS I saw, I figured it would just mainly be an option package as opposed to a true update like the Boxster Spyder was.
MikenOH - Sunday, 1 December, 2013, at 9:48:07 pm
.[/quote]

I would think that Porsche should have a right to expect dealers to keep confidential info confidential. So they're just enforcing that.

Based on the 997 GTS I saw, I figured it would just mainly be an option package as opposed to a true update like the Boxster Spyder was.[/quote]

Agreed--the notion of a Porsche dealer putting up PCNA confidential info on a public website seems--at the very least--a thoughtless act that could jeopardize the relationship between the dealer and PCNA.

That said, I'd hope they could resolve it without a lawsuit; wouldn't you think a visit (or phone call/registered letter) to the dealership from the President of PCNA might have the same effect ?
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 1 December, 2013, at 9:59:44 pm
MikenOH

Agreed--the notion of a Porsche dealer putting up PCNA confidential info on a public website seems--at the very least--a thoughtless act that could jeopardize the relationship between the dealer and PCNA.

That said, I'd hope they could resolve it without a lawsuit; wouldn't you think a visit (or phone call/registered letter) to the dealership from the President of PCNA might have the same effect ?

I doubt that would be much of a deterrent to keep other dealers from doing it in the future. True, there might be other sanctions the could use instead.
Paris in the spring
Laz - Sunday, 1 December, 2013, at 9:33:43 pm
[d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login