Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The latest issue of Car and Driver has been sitting on the table for a couple of days now. I've been to busy to even look at it. I just opened it up and looked at their annual "10 Best" article. The Boxster/Cayman is the winner hands down. One noteworth quote: "If you're looking for more sports-car fun beyond the Boxstert/Cayman, you're only doing it to be noticed".
I found the article interesting.
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 6 December, 2013, at 3:45:01 pm
Specially when I compared what their idea of getting the full Boxster S experience would be. (the part at the side in blue)

That option list sounds pretty familiar to me. Could not agree with them more. cool smiley
Re: I found the article interesting.
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 6 December, 2013, at 4:38:23 pm
Guenter in Ontario

That option list sounds pretty familiar to me. Could not agree with them more. cool smiley

Very interesting article, but while they suggest resisting many outrageously priced options, I believe their recommendations are quite different from your specs.

No metallic paint, much less special order paint; no painted roll bar; no 20" wheels; no sport design steering wheel: no convenience, premium or seat ventilation.

However they do suggest your sport suspension over my PASM, and our PTV and PSE.

As long as your happy with your specs, it's all good, but R&T is doing their own thing, not yours and not mine.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
The staff at C&D prefer the Boxster to the 911. There have been comments in other articles that reinforce this. This is not the way Porsche would have us think. I was an observer of the Porsche scene, primarily through PPBB for many years before I actually became a Porsche owner. Now, after reading several issues of Panorama and attending a 50th anniversary of the 911 event at the Porsche dealer, I'm pretty sure Porsche would have us all lusting for a 911 with cost the only reason to stick with a Boxster. This may have been part of the reason for the focus group Joanne was invited to. Sorry, Porsche, but if cost were no object I would be ordering a new Boxster S.
Re: I've been thinking a bit more about this
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 8 December, 2013, at 3:42:42 pm
I'm with you on this, Steve. Amazing how many people make their decision based on advertising hype and what is perceived as being "in".

For 25 years, I lusted after a sliver 911 Targa. Then when the Boxster concept was unveiled in Detroit, that immediately became my new dream. I'd always loved the idea of a roadster, but those British ones just seemed too unreliable. The nicest of the bunch, for me, was always the SH 3000. The Boxster had and has it all. It's a roadster - designed as one, not converted from a coupe. It has the engine in the right place and in comparison handling tests it always seems to come out on top.

I'm with you. Even if cost was no object, I'd be ordering the same car I ordered and picked up this year, my 2014 Boxster S. Cost no object, I might consider adding a couple of "fluff" options like full leather, but nothing that would have any effect on how the car runs and handles.
So rather than read the article ( which i will, TIA!!!), i took the car out and had a blast in the cool, dense air, on dry , albeit cold, roads.

These things are great fun, yes. Even when they are 14 years old and have more miles than that gy in "up in the air".

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login