Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The Focus Group was very focused
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 3:45:05 pm
The Porsche Focus Group I went to last night was extremely focused. They didn't let us get off topic and guided the entire process. They had thier objectives.

I wasn't able to bring up the manual vs PDK and to keep the manual. One guy mentioned PDK and they went back to the original question. We could only answer the questions they asked.

It was quite interesting.

Joanne
Re: The Focus Group was very focused
BLKBOXS - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 3:59:17 pm
Nur beeilen Sie sich und beantworten Sie die Fragen, die wir stellen und keiner kommt zu schaden meine Dame.eye popping smiley

Sign me up....sounds like a blast.grinning smiley

MIKELLIG
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 4:05:53 pm
...hmmmm sounds like it was interesting.

Did you have to sign a pledge of silence or they'd take you Boxster away? Anything you're allowed to share with us without getting into trouble?

Come on, Joanne, you know we want to hear more. smiling smiley
Roger987 - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 4:13:48 pm
From your brief description, it's hard to tell what purpose of the meeting was. Were they looking for feedback in an effort to improve product offerings, or will this become part of a marketing pitch, e,g, 90 % of respondents said they prefer the flavour of our new improved Crest".
YEP .... they did
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 5:07:45 pm
Had to sign a statement of confidentiality and they specifically metioned "social media". I can't remember what the rest of it said. What's strange is that they didn't give us a copy.

I have to be careful, I don't want them to take my Boxster away, since I don't have a copy, it may just say that eye popping smiley

I don't think what they were having to say is such a big thing, but I don't like what they had to say.

It was kinda funny when they asked one of the first questions, I asked a question to clarify it. The other guys didn't see what I saw and then they had the same concerns. At the end, it all came down to my original question and no one liked what they proposed. I felt at least I contributed a little smiling smiley

Seems like they put alot of money into such a small thing that really doesn't make such a big difference.

BTW, as we were leaving, one of the guys told me that he wasn't sure if the focus group was for real, so he googled it. And guess what popped up? My post on this board where I mentioned I was going to the group smiling smiley

Joanne
Hmm...
Roger987 - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 6:24:21 pm
not quite 'warm and fuzzy', was it.
the $200 cash helped a little the finger smiley *NM*
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 6:50:43 pm
Re: YEP .... they did
Roger987 - Saturday, 7 December, 2013, at 6:26:54 pm
By the sounds of it, I'm surprised none of the participants bent over, dropped trou, and said 'Hey, you want something to focus on? Focus on this!"
2 different questions
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Sunday, 8 December, 2013, at 5:25:13 pm
Do you like what we developed for you?

What would you like developed for you?
Re: 2 different questions
Joanne in OC - Sunday, 8 December, 2013, at 10:50:52 pm
Those questions would have been much more fun to answer and a more lively discussion.

I do have to laugh because the guy leading the group didn't really understand when I said how much I "enjoyed" the car and the "family" and the "lifestyle". A couple of the other guys agreed with me, but the leader didn't quite get it and always looked quizzical at me...... Maybe because I didn't really like the way his question was asked, I wanted to qualify it more.

Joanne
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 8 December, 2013, at 11:30:23 pm
Quote: the guy leading the group didn't really understand when I said how much I "enjoyed" the car and the "family" and the "lifestyle". A couple of the other guys agreed with me, but the leader didn't quite get it

Maybe he doesn't drive a Porsche.
Happy Focusing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I was wondering the same thing, Pedro.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 12:07:38 am
How anyone could drive one of these cars and not REALLY enjoy it, is beyond me, unless it's someone who only drives one to get from here to there. I still find that sense of "family". I don't do the flash, but do the wave and most of the time, I get a return wave.
BillM - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 11:49:01 am
I have never been in a focus group but I have seen how they work. There was either a one way mirror or video feed where clients and /or other observers can watch and learn how the group reacts. So they may have been learning not only from your words but from body language etc. So all comments and questions and reactions were noted by someone.
MikenOH - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 12:14:35 pm
Where the questions product or service oriented, or both?
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Yes, they did.....
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 11 December, 2013, at 7:36:05 pm
They informed us ahead of time of the video and the one-way mirror.

The questions were not service oriented. I was hoping, they would have heard alot.

Not really product related either, but we kept trying to make it that way, then he turned us back sad smiley

Joanne
Re: Yes, they did.....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 11 December, 2013, at 7:37:43 pm
That's what happens when your being paid the big bucks grinning smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login