Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Jay Leno, David Donohue on the Carrera GT
Bob G - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 9:03:33 am
The full link doesn't want to paste here, but Autoweek Racing Report has an article this morning on the Carrera GT and how difficult it is to drive at speed, based upon Jay Leno and David Donohue driving it at Talladega some time ago. Leno (and the car) survived a "terrifying" 182-mph spin on the front straight unscathed, Afterward the comedian was appropriately self-effacing about his limits as a driver.

The article explained that the spin resulted from Leno getting too close to the wall, and lifting. Fortunately the car only contacted a cone before coming to a stop.

Donohue posted a 196-mph lap, but afterward was frank about how difficult the car was to drive at speed. He all but said that it had scared him.
This?
grant - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 9:18:13 am
[www.autoweek.com]

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Interesting piece in context
grant - Thursday, 12 December, 2013, at 10:24:02 am
Basically said its twitchy - even for a pro. One of our [chief] instructors had a student in one at LRP in the last year or two. At 7/10 he found it fine, but he's quite smooth. My one drive told me the clutch is a toggle switch, but that would have no bearing on the recent tragedy.

Armed with as few facts as the next guy, i would suspect they hit debris and began a chain reaction that ended badly. I fear such all the time in wet, snow, leaf season, etc.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 10:25AM by grant. (view changes)
Re: Jay Leno, David Donohue on the Carrera GT
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 9:28:06 am
Well we do have to remember that Jay and David were driving slightly faster than 45 mph.
Re: Jay Leno, David Donohue on the Carrera GT
Bob G - Monday, 9 December, 2013, at 9:43:48 am
I know.

But the article makes the point it's unusually difficult to drive, even for a high-performance car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login