Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Put the car in gear, and it acted like it was in neutral. Both in Auto and manual modes. Turned off the car, waited a minute, fired it back up and it's all normal. I did a search on this and found conflicting issues from it never happening again after 4,000 miles to low voltage to DME glitches to flatbed it into a dealer. I drove it the four miles to work just fine. Now, it is a bit cold here in the DC area. The car has been sitting since Thursday. Maybe the cold is zapping power from my four-year-old battery and this is a sign of the end of its life (30,000+ miles). Anybody else experience this issue? Should I do a premptive strike and install a new battery? I typically get a godd six years or so out of my batteries.
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Maybe obvious
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans) - Wednesday, 11 December, 2013, at 6:15:20 pm
but check the battery connections.

Steve
This was one of the symptoms I had (in my '09S 987.2) before finding out there was a "silent recall" of the HPFP. Silent meaning they don't mail out notices, but wait until you happen to bring the car in for service and then mention you're eligible for a replacement.

Anyway, I was getting the "Emergency transmission run" message quite often, and I had to shut off the ignition and start the car back up to clear it. It seemed to have nothing to do with the battery charge level.

I had the new HPFP installed sometime in 2011, I think. Since then, I've only once seen that message, and I have no idea why it came up. I can tell you, however, that the engine response went up a big notch after the HPFP replacement. There had been a slight hesitation any time I called for power quickly; that hesitation went away.
Re: Have you had the high-pressure fuel pump replacement?
db997S - Thursday, 12 December, 2013, at 11:22:14 am
I did have a hesitation at the end of my warranty period (a month ago). They changed the plugs (30,000), they were black. Been much better. I'll have to check records to see if they did the recall, but I don't recall.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login