Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
i have yet to read about any 06 thru 08 Imsb problems.Are they on borrowed time, just lucky or were just not hearing about problems.I really want to address this issue but as far as i can see
thease model years are not having the same issues. Maybe people are changing there oil more often now that the word is out and prolonging the issue.Internet and product awareness are better now
and that alone may help with people changing there oil more often ect,not sure but your input would be greatly appreciated,thx
I have seen ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 12 December, 2013, at 9:04:19 pm
... two.
Both Cayman S.
But I've also seen documentation on another 6 or so Ccarreras, Boxsters and Caymans).
No doubt that the larger single row bearing will last longer than the 2001 - 2005 but remember that untill you start lubricating/cooling it properly with a DOF it's wearing at a high rate and it can't be replaced unless you take out the engine and split open the block.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login