Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
This is stupid....
dghii - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 2:42:34 pm
I'd been conenplating ordering a clear third brake light for my silver 2000S to compliment the clear side markers that are currently on my car when...

...I notice that my car does not have clear side markers!

I purchased and installed the clear markers back in 2008 (had to go back and look in my records) from Suncoast. I thought I was loosing my mind and wondered if I ever installed the clears. After checking my purchase records, I looked in my storage bin and confirmed that my ambers are still in the bin.

At some point, someone has swapped my clear markers for their ambers! I have absolutely no idea when the heist could have taken place. We're talking about a garage kept car in a gated neighborhood and my job has the car parked at a secure military installation....Wow!

Guess I'll have to order new clear sides to go with the clear third brake....or just leave it the heck alone. Given I didn't even notice, what difference does it make?

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
That is Hilarious...and sux
Byron in Atlanta - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 4:35:51 pm
We all are so into the little things when it comes to our cars, and truth be known, most things are not even noticeable. I've got the clear sides and did the clear third, and even went with the LED rears....and what is sitting in my garage? You guessed it, all the old take-off stuff, just going to waste. I even tried selling it all to no avail. Pretty sad though, when you consider a fellow Boxster owner ripped you off for perhaps the cheapest P-car mod you can make! Just goes to show, your mod didn't go completely unnoticed!
I came across someone whose taillight circuit board had failed. I sold him one for a deep deep discount from even ebay prices. Then 3 weeks ago, someone needed the other for the same reason. So the same deep discount applied.

You never know when you can do someone a favor from that pile of spares.

Not to mention they contain spare bulbs if they are like mine.
So you have some clears?
dghii - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 9:39:49 pm
Uhmm. so where abouts do you live? cool smiley

dghii
Re: This is stupid....
dennisafrompa - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 4:42:09 pm
Any chance a dealer service may have changed them out??
No dealer...
dghii - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 9:40:54 pm
I've done my own maintenance at our Navy base hobby shop.

dghii
I should be so lucky...maybe they swapped out IMS's! *NM*
dghii - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 9:42:09 pm
dghii
the tech swapped out the ambers for clears.

Took him seconds.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
That's just it..it doesn't take but a few minutes...
dghii - Friday, 21 January, 2011, at 9:44:36 pm
...thing is that there are a few Boxsters on base (and I know most of the owners). I'm sure I'll be looking but even if I saw a car with clears, it doesn't prove anything given I didn't even notice mine!

dghii
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
You are correct, Sir ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 22 January, 2011, at 8:31:18 am
.... you don't hear about anybody getting their ambers swapped for clears winking smiley
I actually came close to re-ambering a certain Boxster "R" at BRBS a few years ago, just to see if he noticed.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login